Peptides for Parkinsons

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am in the process of trying to help out a friend with PD. I've done some research and she is taking some of the regularly prescribed drugs and on most days she is doing well. Unfortunately none of these drugs really slow the advancement of PD. There have been recent studies to show that some peptides may do exactly that.

"There has been increasing interest in GLP-1 receptor agonists such as exenatide, liraglutide and lixisenatide as potential disease modifying agents in PD. GLP-1 receptors have been found throughout the brain. Systemic insulin resistance is thought to be associated with the onset of PD. Patients with PD usually have impaired glucose tolerance that can induce brain insulin resistance which is implicated in the neurodegenerative process. In preclinical models of PD, exenatide and other approved GLP-1 receptor agonists have demonstrated neuroprotective effects. Recently, a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical study of exenatide in the treatment of PD, showed that patients using exenatide displayed better motor function compared to the placebo group (10). Additional clinical trials are underway to evaluate GLP-1 receptor agonists in patients with PD."

Now I realize that these are clinical trials but the trials take so long.

Has anyone tried to obtain these peptides from labs and seen if they work for them?

GLP-1 (7-37) is readily available for anyone to order I am just not sure that it is the same as the peptides used for the trials. I will do more research but I am curious how far people have gone to try to slow this down.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

KC

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I took Peptides for Parkinsons. The symptoms were reduced by 30%. Had to do GoFundMe for help.

• Posted

What peptides did you actually take?

What does GOFUNDME have to do with anything?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.