perindopil

Posted , 5 users are following.

Have been on this drug for a year and have now got a persistent dry cough that stops me sleeping which I suspect has lowered my immune system.

I have had three bouts of fluey colds in 12 months which is scary for me as I have never ever been susceptible before.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

dunya hi there I was given this pill 3 weeks ago and i went down hill from day 2

I got a persistent dry cough and flu like symptons my neck swelled up so much in the night that come morning I could not catch my breadth. Aches and pains listeless in fact I have spent teo weeks flat out on my couch so Friday gone i rang the doc and said that i had so many side effects that I could no longer cope with them and i was going to stop taking them. She did tell me when she gave them to me that there are bad side effects. I wish now that I had never started them. Have spent since friday trying to flush it out of my system. my neck swelling has stopped the cough is still with me but 20% less than it was i hope this passes as well

I am sure there will be others who take this and have no problems at all.

• Posted

hi i have just started this drug and feel terrible my legs are really sore and i cant sleep with the irritation of the leg pain i am only taking these tablets 2 weeks does it take a while to get used to them and i have a dry cough anyone any advice

• Posted

Hi, I have been using coversyl 4 mg for about 10 years and all is great but i kept getting colds about 3 or for a year, Then i heard the it lowers the immune system and that vitimin D would help. I started on vitimin D and it stopped, thank goodness. I believe coversyl lowers immune system and that vitimin D makes it stronger
  • Posted

I had this cough for 5 months, as soon as the medication was swapped....I stopped coughing...get off it, it will not get any better!
  • Posted

i have no cough, never did but i got real colds easier,since vitamin D---no problem solved

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.