Period 37-40 day cycle & 5 days late

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am wondering if anyone has had the same following issues as I..

I used to have crippling period pains. They were heavy, painful, i used to throw up and get hot and cold shivers so i went on the pill. I had been on the pill for 6 years but had some issues with it so I decided to give my body a rest. It has been at least 3 months without the pill, my first period was normal, my next was hardly anything, more like brown discharge of old blood (this has NEVER happened before). This month I have had a little brown spotting twice and now I am on day 42 with period yet to come...

Any ideas on what is going on??

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi be1990, 

When you decide to stop or change contraception there is a chance that your periods will take some time to realign and go back to normal or what you would consider 'normal'. I would say that there is no need to worry but as you seem quite concerned it might be worth getting it checked out by your doctor. 

Hope this helps!

• Posted

Having been on the pill for 6 years it is going to take perhaps more than 3 months for you to resume ovulating. So what you are describing here are probably non-ovulatory periods. Soon, within a few months, a normal ovulatory menstrual cycle should reestablish itself.
    • Posted

Thank you andrew46586, really appreciate your help smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.