Period length increased from 32 days to 42+

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am sick with worry in regards to the changes to my menstrual cycle. For the last three months it has been as long as 43 days. This isn’t normal for me. Before this it was averaging 32 days. I started mirtazapine last November and stopped it in over a month ago. I have a feeling this was causing my issue due to the hormone prolactin. I thought it would be long enough for the drug to leave my system by now. I am HPV positive and have had cramp like pain for over a week but no bleed. I have a blood test next week and am waiting for an ultrasound appointment. I am convinced something is horribly wrong. Anything I google say anything over 40 days should be investigated. Has anyone had anything similar? Thank you.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

i started my period on 1/19 and i have been on it every since with the exception of about 5 days of not bleeding in early February. my doctor said my uterus is swollen at about 13 inches verses a normal 8 inches. she said i could try the depo shot to slow down my periods or get a hysterectomy. i am doing the depo shot because i am not ready to have everything removed..as i am only 48 years old. the depo shot has help most months, but sometimes when i get it, it does nothing. good luck with your situation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.