Period type pains- possible flare up?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys, I've been living with this horrible disease for years now and I've had numourous flare ups which involved hospital admissions. I can normally tell when a flare up is looming. Since Friday I have had bad period type pain (even though I never have periods the to the contraceptive pill that I am on)- also have no appetite and feel tired. The pain doesn't feel like a flare up pain (I normally get pain just on the left of my tummy) but it's not going away. Has anyone has this type of pain before a flare up? Pain is really low down and comes and goes- do you think this could be something different? Really hope it's not a flare up as I have a colonoscopy soon and they won't do it if it is sad

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey Michelle, yes I always thought it was period pain! Until I wound up with a perforation an emergency surgery. Treat it like diver. I had 35 cm of colon removed last year and it was a real bad time but I haven't had a pain sincesmile

• Posted

Gosh thanks Kelly, I went to the docs- slight temp (not very high) and pulse a little fast but tummy not too painful to touch (normally if I'm having a flare up I can't beat to be prodded!) Was told could be inflamation as opposed to infection so no antibiotics were given. Just woken up and pain still there- going to rest and just have clear fluids and hopefully I can stop an infection x

• Posted

I get that pain comes and goes I dont eat for 24 hrs just fluid and it goes if it don't then antibiotic

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.