Persistent eye twitch

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone,

So my lower right eyelid has been twitching/pulsing for two months now. It twitches every second of every day even while I'm asleep (according to my fiance). I don't have any other obvious symptoms. My GP has dismissed it as nothing to worry about, but it's been happening for so long now that I feel it should be taken more seriously?

Has anyone else had a twitch for this long? And any suggestions to how I can get it to stop?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi!

I've had a prolonged twitch in the past where i felt like it went on for a month or more (but maybe not every second of every day because i often forgot about it). but i believe mine was due to a number of reasons: stress and being tired (without realizing it at the time). one thing to note is that spasms are a combination of nerve and muscle movement. if its a serious nerve issue, you will likely feel it spread throughout that side of your face. because its also muscular, when you feel it happening (especially at night), try putting a warm (NOT HOT) compress on your eye to relax those muscles in and around your eye. it may also help you go to sleep 😃

• Posted

thanks for your reply! i dont feel like its spreading around anywhere, although i seem to be noticing more twitches around my body in general. I've a history of anxiety so I reckon its probably just latched in to that particular symptom now!

• Posted

Hi Simon, did you ever figured this out or resolved it? I'm going through the same thing with the same amount of time yours was going on for.

• Posted

Hi Kim, has this settled down for you? I've had it in both eyes now for about 9 weeks, I've been worried and I'm so over it.

• Posted

hallo there!! i have the same problem with my both eyes 7 months now .. i went in 2 doctors and they said im o k maybe is from stress but i still worry .... i eant ask you if you have still this problem... are you ok now??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.