Persistent nasal problems

Posted , 1 user is following.

A few months ago I had a blockage in one of my ears and when I was having it cleared, the doctor told me to see my own GP about congestion. My GP gave me a nasal spray to take for a few months as my right nostril had "a little" congestion.

In the last week I've been feeling a bit dizzy at times but nothing too severe and having pains at the top of my forehead (not around my eyes). My right nostril completely blocked over last night for a few hours to the point where there was no air travelling through it at all but it was unblocked when I woke up.

Today I've woken up with bruising (I'm not sure how to describe this so bear with me lol) at the edge of my right nostril, at the point where it meets my cheek. It's a straight line of purple and is sore to touch.

I've also got a lot of sensitivity in my teeth when taking anything cold (water etc). My vision is jumpy at times, almost as if things are moving when they're actual static and everything seems darker (like my phone screen, I've had to keep checking if the brightness is down).

The problem I have is that my GP says if it was a sinus infection I should really have some kind of mucus problem which I don't. I have noticed if i put tissue into my nose (I know I shouldn't) there's blood on it but there's no actual nosebleeds happening. The GP is reluctant to refer me to ENT because they will want me to try the spray for longer but it only seems to be making things worse.

Would it be worth paying private for an ENT appointment?

I should add that I booked in for a check up with my dentist and they confirmed that all of my teeth are fine and gums are healthy.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.