Persisting sinus and lung issues

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've had swollen lymph nodes in my neck for a few months now (2 under my jaw). The nodes swell up and down quite often. This has been accompanied by a "full and burning" sensation in my sinuses and throat. Sometimes it feels like a lump in my throat when I swallow, and sometimes accompanied by a bitter taste.

I have also been very anxious so my doctor had focused more on my anxiety as an explanation for my breathing issues. However, blood tests were done and they detected a bacterial infection. This might mean that I had a bacterial infection for quite a long time that went without treatment.

I have thus far completed 3 different courses of antibiotics for this and it seems like my symptoms might just be getting worse - moving from my sinuses to chest pains and pressure when breathing.

I have since also lost my sense of taste and I have inflammation in my chest wall that is painful and tender to the touch. My breasts also feel like they're burning inside sometimes. In fact, overall my upper chest just seems to be in permanent discomfort and pain. We did also do a chest x ray and the doctor said it was clear of any cancer or anything.

I am exhausted all the time, perhaps due to my immune system trying to fight off whatever this is.

Is it normal for an infection to persist this long and for no treatments to work on said infection? I also woke up this morning with dark circles around my eyes that look like bruising.

They believe it to be sinusitis turning into bronchitis, but nothing seems to work. I am obviously really scared about how my health seems to be declining due to whatever is happening to me. My thoughts keep spiraling and of course I get really anxiety and worry that something more serious might be going on.

I would appreciate any advice.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi,

Like you I am having issues with continuing sinus infections and breathing issues when they happen. This in turn is causing lots of stress which is also causing tension with is giving me other symptoms and making the stress worse, if a vicious circle. Reading yours symptoms they are very similar to mine and i really do think stress is causing the majority of issues for me.

Long walks help and started to use a salt water rinse in my nose which i have not done before which is also helping i think. Also going to start anxiety meds.

Hope you get better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.