Personal Story & Help Requested

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi everyone! 

I wanted to take a moment to share a personal story with you. I have been diagnosed with PCOS several times by my OB because I’ve had irregular periods throughout my life and had bouts of Acne. I was put on various birth control pills and even metformin to help regulate my periods and these didn’t really help with regulating my periods. Instead, I got every side effect listed by the medications (excessive bleeding, gaining weight, drastic mood swings, depression, etc.). After 3 years of me trying these medications and following every suggestion by my doctor (and no regular periods), I finally saw a new doctor who actually checked to see if I had cysts on my ovaries. THERE WAS NOTHING! I was put on years of medication and suffered all the unnecessary side effects for no reason. It seems the only solutions are based on trial and error rather than proof.

I joined a team of researchers to build a test that could actually help women who had irregular periods by telling them exactly what was happening in their body in the privacy of their own home (no clinic visits). A year later, we were able to build a prototype and are looking for volunteers to test it!

Help us test and develop this kit to help you learn about your fertility. Provide your details at the link below and we will send you a free kit. 

http://www.oova.life/pcos-beta 

I really believe we are on to something and your help and feedback will hopefully help reduce the black box around our fertility health!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.