PF relief

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone, just to update you, I have been a member of this site for a few years now after getting PF almost 4 years ago. Like everyone who has this unfortunate complaint it was mighty difficult getting up from a seating position without hopping about. But I may have some good news. When the doctor gave me exercises to do, you know the sort, going on the edge of step and lowering the back foot so as to stretch the ligament, well that didn't work for me. I thought 'well what else would stretch my foot' and the answer was an exercise bike. At first I wondered if I had wasted my money (mind you it was second-hand) but doing 1k every day for a couple of weeks I noticed that my foot didn't hurt so much and now there's hardly any pain. This might not work for everyone but I figured I was giving myself a workout at the same time and although this hasn't made much difference to my figure I'm just happy my foot isn't so painful. Mind you, I have found buying shoes still difficult as so many of them just do not have soft in-steps, just solid hard ones that would put my recovery back to square one.

I hope this has helped in some way. And, good luck to all those with PF.

Best wishes

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I've had PF too and it did go away in time.  Now I have arthritis on the same foot which of course never goes away.  Bike riding is beneficial and when I see my family in the states soon, will join a gym.  I was thinking of also using the treadmill, but don't know if that's healthy for the feet or the reverse.  Treadmill padding is very soft unlike concrete so I would imagine it would be alright.
    • Posted

Hello Louise, Sorry to read about your arthritis, I only hope the usual pain killers help you. As for the treadmill, I don't think there's any harm in doing treadmill walking. I read somewhere that if you walk quite briskly for half a minute, then slowly for another half a minute, carrying on doing this, it shouldn't be too hard on your knees or feet. Hope all goes well in the States.
  • Posted

Thanks Ann for your reply.  To the gym I go!  I also agree with you on shoes with hard in-soles.  They do nothing for comfort and I find I can't abide those either.  Some type of gel-soled ones would ease the pain one would think - I'm looking on-line for those.

All the best to you, Louise

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.