PHN problems

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello PHN friends

Does anyone have problems when they are outside w/the sun humidity ? 

Also does anyone have canker sores or mouth pain from PHN ?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Absolutely humidity affects phn!  Any temp extremes seem to affect mine, but humidity is the worst. Even if I stay inside with AC on a humid day, it still seems to flare.  If going to be outside in it, you may want to try "pre-treating" with a cooling spray like BioFreeze or SalonPas Jet Spray.  The nerve "distraction" sometimes helps me.

• Posted

I just had shingles for the first time in April.

Upon leaving the hospital April 5, following my lumbar spinal fusion surgery, I had blisters In my mouth on left side and rash with blisters from my chin to my ear and extreme ear pain.

It came back over the weekend but it didn’t stay but a couple of days. Same blisters on my tongue and a couple of large blisters on my gums. Pain in ear and jaw was just a night or so. Frustrating!! So sorry you are suffering 😥

I do have sun sensitivity and get heat stroke symptoms very quickly but I had it before shingles. 

Good luck!

• Posted

Yes, to sun and humidity. Just recently moved from Southeast Florida to  Southern Arizona to see if that will help. The extreme temperatures in the desert in the summertime are making it problematic for me so it’s too soon to tell if the dry is going to make a difference. Use Ice packs  when you were suffering, it helps a great deal. 
  • Posted

Hi 

I can’t stand any heat on my head as it already feels as if it’s been burnt. I either wear a soft hat, stay indoors or stay in the shade.

i have to wash my hair in cold water with shampoo that doesn’t have chemicals. I can’t have my hair dyed going naturally grey, but I don’t mind that.

my pain is forehead, head and eye. Not had sores just intense itching.

take care x

• Posted

Goodness! Isn’t it crazy how diverse the symptoms are! My aunt has had the rash and pain and itching around her waist for two years. Just won’t go away. 😥 

I hope for your sake your symptoms in the sun get better soon. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.