Physical change in my ear, I am really worried. Please Help

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi All,

A little bit of background information. I have had hearing/ear problems for years, mainly signified by pain and multiple infections. Over the years, I have probably had around 10 operations to fit either grommets or T-tubes. Each of the operations has typically only given relief for a couple of months, before things drifted back to normal. I also have some nerve damage in my right ear and both ear drums are badly scarred. I have been wearing hearing aids in both ears for around 20 years.

I recently bought an otoscope so I could keep an eye on the inside of my ears, so I could notify my doctor when I see the reddening of my ear canal at the beginning of infection, and treat it early. This has meant that the infections tend to be less severe, and of a shorter duration.

So when my hearing aids started blocking up again, I did have a look to confirm it was another infection. But the image I saw does not match an image of a healthy ear. So I wondered if anyone here could let me know if this is something to be concerned about?

I thank you all for your time looking at this.image

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.