Pilonidal Cyst

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey My Name Is Tat I'm 23 I've been getting  these cyst on my butt since 15 years old I've had I don't know how many lanced in The ER which is numbing a quick cut and left open to heal from the inside out. Crazy thing is they always come in the same spot. Last year I had 2 surgeries on the area left with big hole left to be packed for months. Finally heal up and I've had 2 occurrences last month leaving my doc to do a "FINALE SURGERY" a procedure called the karydakis flap. I'm 5days post op spent 3 days in the hospital after surgery nurses treated me like s**t. Woke up in so much pain because one nurse came on shift while I was sleeping decided not to wake me for my pain meds you know to stay AHEAD of the pain, she came on at 7am I woke up at almost 10 and had no clue who my nurse was so she was upset with me for being upset with her. Lol the nerve of some folks anyway I'm home and I'm completely closed up from some new surgical glues that flakes right off. Google it look into it see if it work for you I'll keep an update going hopefully this is my final procedure and I can get back to a normal life good luck my fellow friends 

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Thank you so much for sharing. This is such a frustrating thing and i wish you a speedy and final recovery. Please keep us posted about your progress
  • Posted

Hello. I just came across this page thankfully and can read others experiences with this bs. I have been getting the abcesses for 9 years. Im currently sitting here waiting to drain my 8th one!.

I just had one drained a month and a half ago. Normally i only get one a year. They mentioned last time the major surgery of digging out all the infection and it would leave a gaping hole. Thwy advised a skin graft may be used to close it up once its healed more. I think its the same as what your talking about. Ans its an 8 week healing process. My wuestion is was is disturbing? Is there now a gaping chunk out of your upper butt?. I dont want a huge gaping wound on my butt for ever.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.