pilonidal sinus

Posted , 2 users are following.

Okay so this is the first time I have ever done this so I'm not sure what to expect

Last week I had an operation to drain my pilonidal sinus. This was left opened and I need to go to my local doctors every day to get it changed and re packed again. This is my second week and I feel so much better. But my boyfriend came home and said he booked a holiday for August the 13th and I'm worried incase it's still opened and I can't go.

Has anyone else been through this and still been able to go on holiday? It's a holiday of a life time that we both saved up for. My boyfriend just surprised me with it early as i it would cheer me up but now I'm panicking I might not even be able to go.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Glad you're feeling better.

I wouldn't let it put you off going on holiday. It may well have healed by August.

With daily wound care from the nurses they should be measuring it every couple of weeks. Surprising how quick the wound reduces. Some however are a little stubborn and go on to create problems.

As long as the wound remains free from infection with careful cleaning all will be good.

Best wishes

• Posted

Would i be able to stil go if it's not fully healed. I asked my nurse and she said I need to ohine a doctor a week before I go and that's when I'll get told.

• Posted

Hi

If you are free from infection with no other symptoms and the wound no longer needs packing, or is close to complete closure, then you should be good to go.

What were the wound measurements and what are the nurses using?

• Posted

The nurses are just using normal packing. Not sure what the medical name for it is as I have never experienced anything like this. I feel loads better can go about my day as normal just with it being 3 weeks away before I fly out and it only being my second week in recovery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.