Pip

Posted , 5 users are following.

Is it six month before your Pip runs out that your reassessment

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes, if you were awarded by DWP, if it was Tribunal then it's 14 weeks before. I see you posted another question a little while ago regarding DLA. DLA no longer exists for those between 16 at state pension age as it's now PIP.

• Posted

its a year...... it should state on your on your award letter ...

• Posted

@maggs1960 sorry but that's not correct, reviews haven't taken place a year before for well over a year now. As i previously advised, reviews now take place 6 months before the award is due to end, if you were awarded by DWP. If awarded by a Tribunal then it's 14 weeks before. Which is why award letters say "you'll be contacted after x date, rather than you will be contacted on x date.

• Posted

Hi sorry ..to post and it was wrong ...mine is always a year before its due ....ie september awarded to 2021 on my letter it states contact after 22nd October 2020..........I am to believe I would be contacted Oct/Nov

Am i right ?

Again sorry............. i assume its not the same for everyone

• Posted

Sorry but you're not correct.

Reviews did used to be 1 year before but as i advised a couple of times through this thread that has all now changed. Reviews are now 6 months before, if you were awarded by DWP. Your decision letter does state **after October 2020 and not in October 2020. **

This updated information isn't available on the internet, it's just a change they made quite sometime ago. My award is the same and so is my daughters, including millions of other people.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.