Pip letter

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi ive been on pip for 3 years i had my new assesement about 2 months ago Last time i scored 15 my situation hasnt changed abd this time i scored 0 for everything so my pip has stopped i dont understand it.My anxiety is through the roof as theres nothing i can do .What wiuld i have to do to get in touch with them

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Your next step is to request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) you have 1 month from the date of the decision to do this and it should be put in writing, stating where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Then add a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

Evidence should be sent with the letter to support your claim because they rarely contact anyone for this.

Do be aware that because of current conditions then decision waiting times are most likely huge and longer than normal.

You won't receive any money while you wait for the decision, of course. Most MR decisions remain the same so you'll likely have to take it to Tribunal.

Do also be aware that with your PIP ending it could affect any other benefits you're currently claiming, including carers allowance, if someone is claiming this for looking after you.

• Posted

thank you for taking the time to reply .Ive tried to ring them with the number from the letter and its just a recording telling me some information then the call ends

• Edited

The number to ring is 0800 121 4433 but if you're ringing to request the MR then the best way is to put it in writing and sending a letter, as advised.

If you received the NHS letter and you're shielding and are unable to go out to post the letter, if you can't get someone to post it for you then yes ring them to request it BUT waiting times for ringing will be increased due to current conditions.

There's only a 15% chance of the decision changing at MR stage so do be aware of that.

• Posted

hi i did s mandatory reconsideration letter back in may and have just recieved a phone call telling me they cant award me points no more in my mental health side as i am my dads carer abd i stated i dint really leave the house.Anyway she said i had got points this time on the mobility side which came to 12 points so she said i would get some money so she said i wouldnt get stantard daily no more as they cant award ne that so i wiuld be getting standard standard which was higher and i would get back pay.So i dont understand this at all thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.