Pityriasis Rosea? Guttate psoriasis? Please help

Posted , 2 users are following.

It's been over 2 months since I noticed little red dots starting to spread all over my legs, arms, stomach, chest and back after I got sick back in September for about a week with what seemed like a regular cold. At first I was just hoping it would go away on its own because I figured it wasn't that big of a deal. After how long it's lasted, I realize it is a big deal.

I feel like I've tried everything. I've talked to 4-5 clinicians and my family doctor, all with different opinions and mostly the same "just wait for it to go away on its own" statement. One prescribed me with prednisone, one gave me antibiotics, one gave me dandruff shampoo to leave on before showering, one gave me a steroid cream, one told me to try Aveeno moisturizer with colloidal oatmeal. Nothing has worked. If anything, over the last couple weeks it's gotten worse.

It's causing me severe anxiety every day and driving me crazy. I've read lots of posts in here and understand that other people have been in the same position, so I'm begging for your help. The red spots are getting bigger and starting to merge together. I can't get in to see a derm because they're booked up for weeks.

I read today that sun bathing can help. Since it's the winter and there isn't much sun, I went to a tanning salon today and did a 7 minute session, so I'll see if that helps. I've also read that vitamin C and D can help, along with head & shoulders dry shampoo. I'll be picking those up tomorrow to give them a shot.

I don't really know what this is but from my research it could be PR (which one of the doctors told me they think it is), or it could be guttate psoriasis.. I really don't know.

I'm open to any suggestions. I've tried including some photos: The first ones with the smaller dots are from October 22nd, and the other ones are from today. I'm not sure if the upload worked or not.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I'm very sorry you're going through this. I was diagnosed with PR and yours look exactly the same.

I started taking L-lycine supplements and it has made a HUGE difference. Besides that, I take vitamin C and D. Head&shoulders and tea tree oil have definitely been helpful too. After I shower, I moisturize.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.