Pizotifen = walking zombie

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have just started taking pizotifen and I feel like a walking zombie! is this normal???

I was prescribed it after having migraines following a concussion. The first day I was asleep/exhausted for most of the day. And when i was awake it felt like there was a heavy fog over everything. So instead last night i took half the dose i was meant to and today i feel a bit clearer, though the fog is still there!

I havent had any migraines but i feel like a dull, lifeless, zombie version of myself!

is it worth it?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

i feel the same r u still on them i only been on them 2 days my mood is bad also
  • Posted

Hi, I've been on it about 3 months now. And it has had a big effect.

I'm back at work now, getting only mild headaches every now and then.

I have missed a day here and there and ive found you feel the affects again the day after you take it (zombie affect). So its best to not miss a day!

I don't know how I would be without them, whether I could work on a computer for 9 hrs a day! So for now I'm happy to be on them.

• Posted

i am sos you had the same reply 17 times my laptop is playing up and it must have sent it that many times. i started with headaches bk in oct 2009 and the put me on antidepressants and they made me depressed and they kept putting me on antidepressents one did work for a while but i got told by a phacharist to come of them i got told by doc to give these a try i dont know if its the tabs or not how long to they take to work as i am more worried about side effects and the being tired all the time i dont work but is looking to go bk into work soon when i find one

• Posted

Hi sleeping beauty,

I removed the duplicate entries. If this does happen again just click the report link as you did with these and this will alert it for me to sort out.

Thanks,

Emis Moderator

• Posted

I have been on the 1.5mg one at night for 4 months now, n I usually take around 11pm with an hour of taken I'm feeling sleepy n drowsy and I feel myself slur ring my speech. Also feel if I fight the sleep my legs start to twitch/move every so often, I have also put on about a stone in weight,
  • Posted

I have suffered migraines for 15 years now, up unitl recently I was able to manage these through regular exercise and a healthy diet. Following a trip to the cinema I took a migraine which lasted 3 days, the doctor referred me to hospital and after a week of blood tests, MRI scans and lumber punctures they decided to put me on 3mg of pizotifen every night. This has made me gain 2 stone in weight over 8 weeks, I have not been eating any more than normal, however I do feel very tired and sluggish all the time, even after a full nights sleep. My mood swings are awful tot he point my partner and I are arguing because of it. Does the mood swings and weight gain settle down after taking them for a longer period of time?
  • Posted

Hi, me again, I've now been on it about 6 months (1.5mg) at night. Unfortunately they don't make me drowsy at all! I wish they would so I could sleep better.

I have gained weight about 5kg more then i normally am and once I drank a half glass of alcohol and woke up the next day with the WORSE hangover ive ever had (so be careful with alcohol).

My moods seem to be ok, perhaps it's worth talking to your doctor and trying a different med?

• Posted

I havent even attempted an alcoholic drink since I started taking them, but I have went up from a size 8 to a size 12 in only 8 weeks and if anything I eat less cause I feel sick quite alot and try to eat more fruit than anything.

Think its back to the doctors again! They should give me my own appointment diary lol

• Posted

That does seem quite a strong reaction! Best to see the experts!

Good luck!

• Posted

so glad i found these pages! i have been taking pizotifen forr nearly 3 months. i was advised to start with 0.5 mg and build up to 1.5 but they made me feel so tired and even now i still feel like a zombie, i have also been feeling very anxious and getting restless legs. i have a toddler to look after but have been struggling. i don't know what is worse, having migraines or feeling like this.

i have stayed on 0.5mg as i'm worried how i'll be if i take a higher dose, my migraines have subsided but still had a couple, but nowhere near as bad.

i read that these tablets treat depression too, but i have been feeling down, is this common?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.