Plantar Faciitis

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I think I might have Plantar Fasciitis in my left foot but my Dad refuses to take me to the physio to have treatment. I don't know what I should do and its getting worse over the days. I also do a lot of sports but they don't require much foot work, my school shoes are making it worse because they are flat and have a hard base and it's worse in the morning and when i'm barefoot. Anyone got any suggestions as to how I should convince my dad to take me to the physio? Also does anyone have any coping methods?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Binksy, Sorry to hear about your disorder. I am a retired physician and plantar fasciitis patient. I got plantar fasciitis around February 2016. After about four months, it completely resolved.

Here's what I think. Plantar fasciitis is inflammation of the attachment of the plantar fascia to the heel bone, and/or some minimal tearing of the plantar fascia - just a few fibers - that results, naturally, in inflammation . . . like a "pulled muscle." Inflammation hurts until it heals and resolves.

So what's so difficult about curing P.F.? Well we walk on it!!! Let's say we take 5000 steps a day. Imagine inflammation of your elbow, (i.e. tennis elbow). Imagine taking your sore "tennis elbow" and wacking it against the wall, 5000 times a day. Think it would heal quickly? I don't either.

So my cure for plantar fasciitis is cushion, cushion and cushion!!! That's right - cushion the heel. Here's what I did. First, I wore the plantar fasciitis "relief bridge" gel-heel innersole in my shoes - that I got at Walgreen's for about $11. Make sure your innersoles are soft and preferably made of gel. (I plan to use mine indefinitely in my shoes.) Then I wore a pair (usually) of nice thickish sox. On my heel I wore fasciitis therapy wrap padded supports that I got on the internet for about $13. (I don't wear them any more.) So when I had my PF, under my heels I had 3 cushion layers. I wore this about 24 hours a day - except when in the shower or swimming. And after about 4 months, the PF was totally gone. And I would suggest to you, have patience, not surgery.

Binksy, that's what I think. I hope this helps you and the many other sufferers of plantar fasciitis. Good Luck to you, doknabox/JerryR

• Posted

I literally could not of said it better myself! You are exactly right!

• Posted

Hi I would go for an ultrasound, to see what/if any damage has occurred ie rips/tear's to plantar fachia

It may or not present as 'knots', making it hard to flex, but at least you'll have peace of mind with what may actually may or may not be going on, I wish I'd known

Many years ago, there's not much research but in some cases it can lead to chronic plantar fascios, if too much goes on, and keeping the weight off one foot can open up a totally new can of worms as such, end of the day the importance if your feet are not happy then you are not happy. Best of luck

Get checked out

• Posted

Hey hey! Parents suck! lol

1. RICE - Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation

& There Plenty of physio information and helpful stretching technique videos are on youtube specially for plantar fasciitis but I would wait until you've rested it as much as possible for at least 2 weeks before these exercises. They help to stop it coming back and making your fascia stronger, not actually treating it from inflammation or other issues.

2. Our feet are so complex so I recommend doing a thorough research to be really confident that what you have is really plantar fasciitis. PF is extremely common but it's also commonly used as a wrong diagnosis.

3. Try and get some arch support and shock absorbing insoles & make sure toes have plenty of wiggly room in your shoes 😃 otherwise you could be walking a little funny in your shoes and worst case scenario develop a permanent deformity (just tryin to scare ya lol but being scared should help you seek early treatment)

4. I highly recommend watching a vid on youtube from any podiatry centre where they explain all about plantar fasciitis. You'll learn loads

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.