plantar fasciitis agony

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all I'm new here so I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong place. I have had plantar fasciitis for 4 months and now I have pain in my hip. I have tried the stretches, pain killers, frozen bottles, changed shoes, brought support insoles etc.. and I'm being told by my physio that I'm doing too much. I am a single mom to 3 kids 2 have disabilities, I work and help my elderly mom doing things around the house that need sorting. To be told to slow down and not do so much is... Laughable. He has said I only have two other options left steroid injections or surgery both require me to miss work which I can't afford.

I guess what I'm hoping is for someone to suggest something I haven't tried already. It's causing me to wake up in pain now with my hip. Does it get easier?

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

you have for sure tried everything...and from my experience steroid shots dont help either and it hurts like #%ll ....

the only exception and the one thing that can teach you to walk correctly are rocker shoes. they take the pressure off your poor feet change the gate and walking off the angles that cause the pain and fasciitis, and stops feet from rolling ankles . it was the only way out for me. of course i didnt know it at the tine ...i was a mess....and i was in the same place as you described. lots of people depended on me . i accidentally came across the rocker shoes ...tried them .......and they even helped my poor knees . it was a whole new way of comfort i thought i would never find again after years of suffering.

there's nothing more miserable than painful feet it takes a toll on our life emotionally and physically.

good luck ...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.