Plantar fasciitis and blood tests

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello guys,

I am curious if plantar fasciitis can increase the ESR and C reactive protein rate or it is only elevated in types of arthritis?

I am curious because i still dont have any diagnosis, but i have this front heel pain for more than a month. At first my blood tests were okay, but now they are highly elevated- my ESR is 61 and CRP is 57. 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Mmmm... interesting. I'm going to read about it. I read that ice and rest is really necessary for plantar fasciitis. Also physiotherapy.

I thought I had this problem at the beginning.

• Posted

I still dont know what is wrong with me. I have pain since the begining of May in both of my heels and one of my wrist, but now also my blood tests are getting worse so this is why i try to figure out if ESR and CRP levels elevate only in arthritis or they can be elevated in some types of tendonitis and plantar fasciitis as well. 

• Posted

Hi Stefan

I'm never read about ESR / CRP so I know nothing about this. But your pain seems to be plantar fasciitis pain. Well I'm not a doctor but heel pain usually is related to this problem. While you don't get a final diagnosis, if I were you I'd apply ice at least 2x a day and I'd also reduce impact on the feet by reducing activities and being on your feet. I know this is very difficult to manage but you could try. Massaging is also good. This is all from my personal experience. I'm suffering from tarsal tunnel syndrome. I thought I had plantar fasciitis and posterior tibial tendon dysfunction. Ice, rest was vital for me to reduce my pain

• Posted

I forgot to say: it takes time to recover from feet injuries
  • Posted

did you ever find out? i have plantar too and crp is 28mg/l still waiting for tests...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.