Plantar Fasciitis no improvement.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I experienced a flare up of Plantar Fasciitis about 3 months ago. Originally suffered about 6 years ago so I recognised the symptoms straight away. Mostly in the right foot but some discomfort in the left foot as well. Booked a Physio session to do a reset on the exercise regime and have been doing calf stretches, heel lifts and calf massages since. No discernible improvement. I am using orthotics. Pain is bad enough to cause a limp and I am experiencing some hip pain as a consequence. Ibuprofen may or may not be helping.

Not sure of next steps (no pun intended). Getting pretty fed up with not being able to do my normal regime of long walks, playing badminton etc. I am 64 and in good general health.

Not sure whether to go back to the physio or see a podiatrist or even book a session with my GP. I know this condition can take time to sort itself but I am keen to seek the most relevant professional help. Any suggestions on who to approach next?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

hi Steve.. Been thru the same thing, even cortisone shots...ouch! in bottom of feet...I tried it all. what finally worked were spring shoes. After walking in them and learning better gait it finally calmed down and back to regular shoes with better arch support than the podiatrist supplied.

• Edited

Thanks Barbara. I am thinking of visiting a local foot clinic/podiatrist. I am going from one insole to another at the moment and some expert advice on footwear is probably a good idea. I can feel that my gait is all over the place and my sore hip is getting sorer to add to my woes.

Steve

• Edited

Hi Steve

Ive been suffering with this crippling condition for years. Had physio, steroid injections all only short term fixes. Then after some research I found out what pro runners do when they get foot pains. It lead me to look at Recovery flips, I took the plunge and went to a running outlet to try some on. The sales guy was really helpful and told me about trainers and flip flops the pros use. I came away with a pair of HOKA one one recovery flips. Ive since purchased their stability trainers and wear both over a day. The secret is to have the flips at the side of your bed for when you wake up (as this is when you first stretch), wear them in the house as slippers and wear trainers when walking. It works for me and when on holiday I always get asked where to buy them as they look and are comfort in a shoe/flip flop.

Regards

John

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.