PLEASE don't judge!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Random question set the scene - had a good day yesterday sort of, got up reasonably early even did housework miracle, changed my bed which was stinking as handn;t been done for ages dirty bitch, cried on and off all morning but had arranged to meet with a new work colleague who we both seem to hit it off. Making an effort to be sociable Good 7 mile walk enjoying the scenery, general light hearted chat I was knackered afterwards, during the evening got text message from another friend tried to be supportive, seemed to help. even slept most of the night for a change still weird dreams. Well today? body ached this morning still getting chest problems awaiting another x ray to see if infection gone. Went for a drive bit fast (got a kick from that) but safe, home even cooked meal which is good for me. Then decided  to watch a poor horror film not that horrific really but ended up hurting myself while watching it and getting a kick out of it is that wrong? Sad or mad!! Plus I'm dreading going to work tomorrow so am I subconsiously stressing about that? 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like you had some victories!!! SO great! focus on them. Its like you took 3 steps forward 1/2 back.   U are doing everything right. Exercise, socialize, cleaning up.....  I think it is great. Everyone feels a bit crummy the day before work begins.  Trully you are doing GREAT
    • Posted

Thanks for the positive i always seem to see the negative. I will go to bed thinking of the positive hope that works. Thank you. 

• Posted

We all default to the negative, have a great night. keep us posted!
  • Posted

Hi,

Sounds like you had a lot of positives and forward steps, just because you made a little error and backward step doesn't mean you're going to spiral downwards. I don't know your current situation as to diagnosis and medication or what you are taking if anything, but some things that have helped me may come in handy for you.

Make a list, of all the positive steps and good things in your day for example you mentioned housework and cooking. Watch the tally increase and that will give you a little spark maybe, which can cause the chain reaction of more of these positive episodes. Remember depression won't just up and disappear out of your life, but with determination and a commitment to fighting it, you will win battle by battle and eventually you'll be free from the negatives.

Another thing I do is talking therapy with myself, maybe this is more for the anxiety I get sometimes but it can still help for depression. Repeating helpful phrases and positive messages to yourself can be such a helpful tool. After all many people learn by repetition. Maybe you can affect your thinking processes which is a very good way in dealing with depression. I'd suggest lookin into talking therapy such as CBT.

Either way know you are strong and that you can deal with anything that comes your way, it is your mind and so you can always take control back!

Wishing you good health and happiness.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.