Please help?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi there

Can someone please help and guide me as to whether they think I have Addison's disease I've been referred to an endocrinologist privately Monday but I just hope he does the acth test every time I see doctors always seems to be a battle so yeah always worry lol! Anyway my symptoms are

Always told I have low blood pressure around 83/60 88/58

I have had loads of fainting episodes when I get hot only thing that helps is dextrose or sugar

Diziness every time I move head change position

Extreme fatigue they thought I had chronic fatigue at what point

Under active thyroid

Abdominal pain

Constant pain lower right and back

Low vitamin d levels in blood test

Positive Ana blood test

Nausea

Diarrea

Very poor appetite

Bloated stomach occasionally

Struggle to eat

Raynaud's disease

Weight loss of nearly 2 stone over a few months

Muscle aches in legs and arms

Joint pain my elbows click and lock about 15 times plus a day

White spots on arms like vitiligo

Irregular periods

Painful sex

Painful inside when urinating

I can't work I've been signed off sick close to losing my job I just feel too ill and exhausted and in pain

I recently had a urea and electrolytes test which came back it says abnormal but no one explained result only thing I can see on printed copy is serum urea 2.2 with exclamation mark next to it and says GP must refer to staff for action but my private consultant I saw today is a gastroenterologist he doesn't know what it means but said I should see endocrinologist because he had a lady before with very similar symptoms to me and pain area and she had Addison's.

Any advice please would be great I'm just worried because if it comes back normal I don't know what's wrong with me they were going down crohns route as I had raised calprotectin in stool but it's been repeated and now normal and all my endoscopy normal so suggested a laparoscopy if not Addison's but if nothing shows what do I do? Does anyone think this is Addison's or could you please share your story x I'm so worried thanks for listening xxxx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi there!

It sounds like it, but a Synacthen stimulation test will have to be carried out before an official diagnosis. I would imagine that this will take place on Monday. It is usually the first thing they would do. Sounds like you are going through Hell. Take care and hope all goes well for you on Monday. Please do report back. Look after yourself now. x

• Posted

Hi Scotpete thanks so much for your reply and kind words. Oh really do you think they'll do that Monday reason I ask is my appointment is 14:30 don't they have to do that test you mentioned in the morning from what I've been reading unless I'm confusing it with something else? Have you been diagnosed with it? If so how easy is the test to do what's involved? How are you managing now? Sorry lots of questions lol Thank you so much I'll keep you updated when I get news x

• Posted

I have exactly the same symptoms as well. Had the acth stimulation test and was diagnosed with ADRENAL INSUFFICIENCY. still learning about this myself. Was put on 5mg of prendisone but had to stop it because I had terrible side effects. I am currently trying to get in to see a new Endocrinologist. Please keep posting what you discover with an acth test. Best wishes. I hope you get better! Like you, my life is a constant struggle. Keep fighting!!!
  • Posted

Hi Laureate.

Sorry for the delay in replying.

They may not do the test on Monday but at the very least should discuss it with you for carrying this out on a later date. You can read all about what it involves here:-  http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Addisons-disease/Pages/Diagnosis.aspx

Good luck, stay positive and please let us know how you get on. razz

• Posted

Hi Scotpete

No problem thanks so much for the message and the information ?? I saw the endocrinologist today he was very good to be fair went through all my whole history of symptoms and current ones and took loads of notes he did lots of checks on me blood pressure looked at my hair inside my mouth skin etc was only suppose to be there 30 mins and was in there nearly an hour he's organised for me to have the short synacthen test Thursday morning and is also checking the following not too sure what they are: LH, FSH, Prolactin,Cortisol and blood glucose he said if it comes back positive he'll phone straight away. Have you had the test done I've heard you can get bad side effects from the injection I have an information sheet looks like I'll be there a while!

• Posted

Thanks for reporting back. Sounds like things are moving on for you now and I am glad. You'll be fine, don't worry, you are on the right hands. All the best for Thursday. 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.