Please help!! :(

Posted , 1 user is following.

i have suffered with chronic constipation since i can remember i have had some unpleasent tests done and this has found i have a internal prolapse, a fold in my intestines when pushing and my bowl is too relaxed during bowel movement. my consultant has put me in the waiting list for physiotherapy but this waiting list is huge and could be 6 months before it starts.

i have tried every medication known to man for my problems but the only thing that works is taking 11 ducolax at once (this has bulit up over time) i recently was sent to a&e by my GP as the past 2 occasions taking ducolax i have been in agony and vomiting, they did a CT scan and found an infection that could be Diverticulitis i have tried to speak to my consultant but was told i need to wait until tuesday as i will be discussed in a MDT, has anyone else suffered with any of these issues and is there light at the end of the tunnel as I'm ready to give up 😦

do i take ducolax again? I'm so scared but was told by the consultants secretary that if i need to take it then i will have to and she was sorry to say but suffer 😦

thank you.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.