Please help

Posted , 4 users are following.

this is my story , i took citilapram for a week ,on the first day after 2 hrs i had a major panick attack that frightened me to death ,i rarely had a panicm attack before then on day 4 i had another and thought this stuff is not for me , so my doctor told me to stop , my anxiety was so hi and i had a few more panick attacks days later, but its left me with a constant fear and i feel not like myself ,emotionless and it scares me, ive cried loads and i also feel very angry ,i cant work concentrate or focus and think that the tablets have damaged me forever, im not suicidel but if i dont get help or a drug that can lower this feeling i keep thinking the worst , its like i cant feel the grounded me i used to be , have my receptors been damaged or something ,thank you to anyone who can help

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

Nothing happened to you and meds did not damaged you, what you are experiencing is withdrawal symptoms.

Just give some time and they will clear, you will be back to way you was before meds

• Posted

nataliya hi ,dod you ever suffer from insomnia and ifnso how bad ,my mind keeps racing and anxiety and insomnia are the worst its like im in overdrive ,yet yesterday o had a more groundednday for the first time any help please thanks so much

• Edited

yes insomnia could be related to anxiety and also as withdrawal or side effect, its very common

Try to get natural melatonin tablets, i think its calls Carcadine , they could help you and assist with better sleep.

Try to go for long walks after dinner, just to burn the access of adrenaline caused by anxiety. High adrenaline keeps you awake and gives you insomnia.

slowly it will go away

• Posted

once again thank you , this whole anxiety has felt like fear and dread the worst yhing i have been through

• Posted

hi matt im on week 4 now of 20mg citalopram, i had awful trouble sleeping but it seems to have settled down now. my doc prescribed some pills called zopiclone for when i cant sleep but havent had to use them yet. how are you getting on now?

• Posted

hi becks yeh ,im off ssri as like i said i wonder if i needed them, that first week was awfull it scared me and then stopping abrupt was just the same ,for the last 5 days i feel much better, i had zoplicone but i was so tense and had fer and dread from anxiety that for me they worked a little but i had to go through what i was going through, all i have now is trying to forget what i went through,yes i have some depression,how much i dont know,i am having therapy but it's just started, must be positive and strong ,thank you for replying , i hope you are ok , its good that we can het comfort from this community

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.