Please help, anxiety over dental abscess, causing a ton of emotional stress

Posted , 2 users are following.

If anyone can give me some thoughts on this, it would mean a lot.  It is very hard for me to post here. Almost two years ago, my dentist found a dark spot at root of one of my top front teeth, only visible on an x-ray.  He said it was either a dental abscess or a dental cyst and I needed a root canal. They did test the tooth and I felt nothing when they shocked it.  

I waited to get a second option and finally had the root canal in December of last year.  I was told to wait six months and then they would check again to see if root canal had cleared up infection.  If not, they said I would need surgery and a biopsy.  This has me very scared.  

I go back in in a week to find out and I am dreading that it is still there.  When I feel the gum area above my tooth with my tongue, it still feels slightly strange with pressure, like kinda numb?  But no pain.  This makes me think the infection is still there.  Could this be a cancer of some kind?  Any thoughts will help me.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.