Please help, does this sound like fibro

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi im wondering if someone can help because i am getting nowhere with doctors. Last year around christmas time i started getting aches all over my body (as if i had the flu) now this was everyday and i was so drained, so tired. It gradually went away after about 4 months. Its starting to get cold again now and im feeling the same. full body aches, pains in arms and legs, dull pains everywhere. Sore lower and upper back, shoulder are sore and crunching. inside tremours. My body is so weak and tired when this happens. Please help!!

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Edited

Hey Meghan, sorry you are going through this and I know how frustrating it can be. I am in the same boat plus IBS symptoms. It's telling that your symptoms seem to start up with change in weather. I believe this is common among patients with fibro. I have the sore muscles in the feet, legs, hands, arms, hips, upper and middle back. I also get the tremors in the area of where I experience pain. I believe it's fibro or maybe something autoimmune... I am waiting for an appt. with a rheumatologist to get some blood work. From what I've been reading about fibro and chronic fatigue syndrome, sounds like what you could have. Have you seen a rheumatologist?

• Edited

seems to be with weather, i was thinking that myself. I also have ibs symptoms too. Also really bad anxiety with it all! Do you? I haven't seen a rheumatologist but ive seen a neurologist who basically told me im just experiencing bad anxiety. Puts me off going to the doctors at all as they just put everything down to that!

• Posted

oh terrible anxiety! always thinking the worst with my symptoms despite clear tests... ive had a lot! if you dont mind saying, what are your ibs symptoms? i get stomach cramping, pain under ribs, constipation, and random stomach pains...

• Edited

me too! Bad health anxiety and doesnt help that the doctors arent listening. I have 3 kids under 6, i cant go on like this anymore without answers!! My ibs symptoms are the same. Cramping most days, some really bad pains almost like contractions if youve been through labour. constipation, sometimes having to run to the loo as well. I get pain sometimes under my ribs but in the middle and i get really bloated feeling too. I also have really bad heartburn after most meals!

• Edited

ugh yes we seem to be so similar! im thinking of going to a rheumatologist next i am so sick of feeling like crap and worrying every day... its even harder that all my fam/friends are like get over it and move on like sorry this is my health put yourself in my shoes. today i have back pain all over and feel like ive been hit by a truck! going away with my bf this weekend and i feel terrible to say i hope it goes fast as i have like no energy with this 😦

• Edited

its horrible isnt it. I'm convinced its fibro, its just trying to get someone to listen. I get dizzy and stuff too, not sure if its all related but as soon as anxiety is on your record they just send you away. Me too with my back today and my legs. Most days i feel like ive been to a gym class but i havent. I know what you mean, you cant enjoy anything!! Its terrible. I hope your symptoms ease off and you have a good weekend!

• Edited

Yes, some days I feel like Ive done 100 sit ups and I can promise you I havent moved my body like that since I was forced to in high shool gym class lol! Thank you ... I hope you have more good days than bad and get some answers soon too. 😃

• Posted

omg, I've had the same experience with doctors. One of the many doctors who I visited in the past several months, asked me few questions if I lack motivation, if I feel stressed and not satisfied with life. I said yes to all of them and all that are because of the pain that I'm suffering from. But she said it's because of depression or anxiety.

• Posted

me too! As soon as anxiety is mentioned your just brushed off! I'm so sick of it now, so fed up of feeling so drained and achy. Hope you get somewhere with them soon!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.