Please help! How long will seroxat withdrawals last?

Posted , 2 users are following.

ive been on seroxat (average of 10mg) for nearly 10 years now and im 28. ive been trying to wean off for a while now but sometimes id go back when it was unbearable. ive been on 10mg every other day for about a month now and i was quite wobbly in the beginning but felt better after about 2 weeks. ive started feeling really bad again, this sense of doom, hopelessness, constant crying. i feel i'm a burden on my loved ones even though my husband constantly reassures me. i know it's my mind telling me how s**t i am but it's so hard not to listen to it. i dont want to go back on it because i want to be able to have a baby and not worry about the effects it'd have on the baby.

can anyone give me any good news? can anyone tell me ill be ok? i need help, any help

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hey Amy,

I can relate to the horrid side effects of Paxil. It is pure poison. I was on 10mg for a few months and honestly it made me feel terrible. Blurred vision and everything! So I tapered myself. I tapered to 5mg first. Well......the mood swings were so bad and anger! Crying spells, etc. It was bad! But I'm a stubborn person and I said I wasn't going back. My doctor said I should go back to 10mg and I said oh hell no. My vision is blurry! I stayed on 5mg for a few weeks and the side effects did subside but it was still a horrid feeling. Then I decided to cut down even further. I cut a little piece off of the half of 10mg (it is imperfect I know). I guess I was taking 4mg or so. I did that for a week. Then I cut back a bit more, and a bit more after each week. After a month I was down to 1.5mg a day (or around there ..... I didn't have liquid paxil so I was estimating). I still had horrid side effects of only being on 1.5mg. That stuff is pure poison. I stopped it totally a week ago. I know that withdrawl effects last at least 2 to 3 weeks. My vision is still blurry from time to time but not always. My moods are stabilizing but honestly I think this poison should be taken off the market completely. My advice is: be strong. Even when you don't feel strong. Remember the end game of getting off that crap. I do use .5 clonozapam once a week or so just to ease the nerves when I need to. But this medicine is poison. POISON. Sending strength to you and don't give up. 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.