Please help! In agony after 3 weeks

Posted , 3 users are following.

I collapsed in work 3 weeks ago, was vomiting and really hot. They phoned an ambulance & got taken into hospital, they said my blood pressure was low and did a ct scan which was clear they did 2 lumbar punctures which did not work and because of the headache I had (still have) which is like somebody sitting on my head and the pain goes down my neck to my lower left and down my back on the left side. They tried 3 times & then admitted me I was in for 4 days and they finally did another lumbar puncture by X-ray. They said it was clear and I was let home that Saturday, when I got home I was vomiting everywhere still had the headache and back pain which was horrible, it stayed like that until the friday. My doctor had signed me off for another week in work until the following Monday, went into work Monday still have back pain but headaches had gone,but yesterday had to ring in sick again as all the symptoms are back again in full force, vomiting, headache twice as bad, back pain which is going down my left side and numbness, pins and needles down my leg, and lower back is killing me. I'm scared I will get sacked from work as I already had a meeting due to being off and this will be my fourth sickness in the last year. My doctors aren't really bothered all he knows is its just symptoms from the lumbar puncture?? Well I can't afford to lose my job but also cannot go into work like this! Can somebody help?? Xx

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello. I had my lumbar puncture done back in August of last year. It was a nightmare! It's been 7 months and I'm still plagued with headaches every day 50-100 times a day! I'm currently taking nortriptyline and it has helped reduce the intensity of the headaches. I have not worked for 7 months because of the lumbar puncture and am still unable to go back to a job i love! I've been pretty angry and miserable for the last 7 months. So i feel for you because i know it's not easy going through all the side effects from the lumbar puncture!
  • Posted

By the way, i also had numbness of extremities, heart palpitations, tinnitis and sensitivity to sound. Till this day i am still having head, heart and ear issues.
    • Posted

Thank you for replying, I am still off and getting migraines, vomiting & the back pain is getting worse. My work have said for me they are ending my contract because I have been off for too long now. I am getting very annoyed and upset cause I'm just getting fobbed off all the time xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.