Please help.. Itchy labia majora for 2+years dr's cant see anything now there's an ulcer??

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey,

I have been suffering with an Itchy labia majora on one side for over two years. Been to dr's twice. On both occasions hey told me they couldn't really see anything sinister. I have now been put on steroid ointment but after my shower today I noticed what looks like an ulcer... I don't have any STD's is this a normal reaction to scratching? I'm so frustrated and worried. 😦

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

It looks like a herpetic ulcer. I would have another test done to be safe.

• Posted

I'm wondering would something like this have shown itself sooner? I have been married and in a relationship with the same parter for 10+ years and the past two years is the first time I am suffering. Husband doesn't have any issues. I did have my skin swabbed at the first appointment and it came back clear. It's also not painful, just itchy.

• Edited

It can lie dormant and some people are asymptomatic. The itchy labia might be due to something else but the ulcer and skin around it looks a herpes outbreak that's healing.

• Edited

Well You could have that swabbed just to be on the safe side but overall your vulva looks very dry. Do you overwash the area? Or use a feminine intimate wash? or perfumed soap or gel wash? You could be stripping all the natural secretions away and this will cause itching. I will send you a private message

• Edited

Also, if you've ever had a cold sore or HSV-1 it can surface on your genitals later. I'd get tested for both HSV1 and HSV2 again to be sure that its neither of them and show the picture to the doctor and have them do a full STD screen to be sure it's not STD related.

• Edited

I'm 99% sure this isnt HPV. I have had very little sexual partners, I don't like oral sex. I have never had a cold sore. The itching has quite literally been constant for two years. I'm sure if it was HPV I would have had more outbreaks by now. The skin that you can see healing around the ulcer like part was from where I had been scratching. It was the first time I had seen anything like that Ulcer. The ulcer like thing actually scabbed the next day. I had been given a steriod that said not to use if the problem was cause d by the HPV virus as it will make it worse and spread more and the steriod ointment made the itching stop. I also suffer with very dry skin and have suffered with itching on other parts of my body for a while. I was also already swabbed for HPV and it came back negative. I am almost certain I do not have an STD or STI.

• Edited

HPV can cause warts or cancer. HSV causes herpes. They're two different diseases. You have to ask to be tested for herpes (both HSV1&2) they wont test you for it on their own, especially if they don't see anything and you don't mention a concern about STDs. Also, people can have outbreaks back to back, it's different for everyone. Just saying, it resembles herpes but Fingers crossed it's not STD related. Hopefully, you figure out what it is and get some relief soon. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.