Please help me.......

Posted , 8 users are following.

hi, I am coming off venaflaxin no sympathy from the Dr at all!!, 

how she told me to come off the pills was too fast, so when I went pack she told me to reduce the tablets and then stop.

and when I stop I have to just "put up" with the withdrawral symptoms... Well I would like to see her try, been off them about 4 days completely and I feel so ill, I feel like I have the worst hangover ever!. Sweating, headachy, muscle ache, tummy ache!.

dizzy. Brain zaps! IN balance, I went food shopping today to stock up so much so I don't have to leave the house again!...

please how do I cope with the zaps shocks in my head! I can't cope.

i got some fish oil and b12 today too, 

but I just want to cry it hurts so much, I'm not ever touching the pills again not even half a dose, what to go through it again hell no!.

i just need to know how to cope. I have put 2 and half stone on and have never been the Weight I am not even when pg...

i know I'm not the only one, I just need help pleaseeeee!

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Can I ask how long you had been taking the Ven for. Also what dose did you take x
    • Posted

I started off with 37.5mg, went up to twice a day then, 112.5 a day,

about 8 months, was on Prozac before that, for 18 months. 

😭

• Posted

Hi.

I went through excatly the same after my Doctors recomendation. Eventually i went back on at a lower dose and felt much better.

i am now now 3 months into a much more gradualll withdrawl and am coping well

Now down to 100mg from 225 and am expecting another 3 months to get completley off.

• Posted

It's awful I've been trying all day to work out why I'm getting ringing in my ears and feeling weird, just realised when I saw your post I didn't take my tab this morning, I'm on 150mg a day slow release, been on these horrible pills for about 15 years now and although they stop me feeling sh*t, I daren't come off them, nearer the point, I don't think I could take the withdrawal symptoms
  • Posted

I think you need to see your doctor, or another one, to get a second opinion. Do you have somebody who can come with you to help you get your message across? They shouldn't be taking you off so fast without some support.
  • Posted

I am a week Venlafaxine free tomorrow and the withdrawals are awful. Pure dizzy, woozy, blurred vision, tired, irritable, emotional, sad, depressed, mood swings. The list is endless.

Never experienced anything like this with any drug before and I've been on Lexapro, Prozac, Lyrica to name a few. This drug is poison and never helped with my anxiety hence why I withdrew.

Am taking 2 x 25mg Lyrica to help with withdraw but not helping so taking Xanax an Valium which help a little

• Posted

Hi Ellebi

How are you feeling now? I hope you are doing much better!

Did you go cold turkey or tapper down the meds?

When I came off sertraline it look me about 2 weeks to come off of it and had no real side effects, however ventlafaxine is a whole nother story - it's just pure evil! sad

• Posted

I am off it about 4 weeks yesterday and the withdraw was horrid sad

I was back with my mental health doctor yesterday and he has increased lyrica from 100mg to 150mg as he feels this should help.

I am not on any antidepressent at present, first time in about 10 years not been on one and definly not off one as long as a month.

Depression is cronic at the moment, feel so numb and not myself.

Going to pay privately to see Councillor and see does that help me as it would be a 4 month waiting list in mental health centre otherwise have to wait 4 weeks to see that doctor again. I think its quiet a long time between appointments.

I came off Venlafaxine over a 3 week period which by the look of the forums on here is too fast??

• Posted

Hi ellebi and all,  I am into my 9th week effexor free and want you all to know that it wasn't until around the 6th week that withdrawls  started to noticeably improve.  Ellebi hang in there,  I went through hell and even experienced suicide thoughts for the first time in my 62years (can totally understand now why people become that way for no outward appearance, my mind just went crazy/out of control!)  How I got through it all on my own was to keep telling myself it was just my mind and body in shock response from no more drugs!  The worst of my symptoms were around the 4/5th week.   

Time will pass and you will feel better,  I was scared that I was never going to feel near normal again after being on effexor time release for around 16 years but altough I still have a few withdrawl symptoms which are no where near as bad as a month ago I am enjoying life more with each week that passes.   I took lots of fish oil and multi Bs.  

• Posted

Good to hear theres light at the end of the tunnel somewhere!!

Cant imagine withdrawing after 16 years :o

Are you on any meds now or med free??

Yes I am also taking fish oils too and Vitamin B1 along with an all over multivitamin.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.