PLEASE HELP ME!!!! BLEPHARITIS HAS STOLEN MY LIFE

Posted , 6 users are following.

Please, someone out there please is there hope? will my eyelashes grow back? will this ever stop? can anyone provide advice if they can wear eye makeup and false eyelashes because i have no confidence without them. i need to wear eye makeup. i suffer from to many other conditions that make me unattractive.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I've had Blepharitis for years and have no lashes and tried everything, washing lashes with baby shampoo twice a day warm compresses etc etc. Two weeks ago mixed up baby shampoo with few drop tea tree oil in tiny container and wash lash line twice a day with eyes tightly closed ( don't open eyes) until rinsed off with warm water. Haven't had any infected lashes yet and new ones are growing. Hope this helps !!!

• Posted

I've had blepharitus and some dry eye for about 8 months, it started with a chalazion that never really resolved. I thought it could have been caused by increased screen use for work or a bacterial infection from using eye make up. Both lower eyelids would be inflamed and I lost eyelashes on one eye where the chazalion was. I tried lots of things on these forums (warm compress, eye washes and drops, tea tree, manuka honey, diet changes like consuming less sugar, alcohol and more omega 3). Some of these did help but they never got rid of it or completely controlled it. Despite daily warmth/cleaning throughout, my eyes were often still red, puffy and sore after a few hours and sometimes felt really dry. I tended to avoid make up (especially powder forms) and I felt like they would never get better.

About 3 weeks ago I added a hypochlorous eye spray twice a day and this has really helped with reducing the redness and my eyes feel and look more normal. The dryness was sometimes still there though and daily warm compresses helped with that to some extent (I tend to cover a flannel over a wooden spoon and dip in recently boiled water and then place near but not directly on the eye area to gently warm it - this seems to avoid the skin getting too dry, afterwards I gently wipe around the eyes with the warm cloth to massage the glands). About a week ago I started taking a sea buckthorn vitamin (includes omega 7 and 3) - I noticed within about a day that my eyes felt wetter and working at the computer is more comfortable. I still use the hypochlorous spray, warm compress and keep up daily cleaning but I can now wear make up and use screens comfortably. These last 2 changes have made a big difference - I'm hoping I don't need to keep up the vitamins long term but will see how it goes. I still l have a red mark from the chalazion but hopefully that will resolve in time.

• Posted

I have had this for the last year, MGD version which was a nightmare (along with nasal polyps), not fun! I found everything made my eyes sting and tried everything but have found something really gentle that works for me. I use Water Wipes (baby wipes) on both eyes to gently clean them. This is just water, grapefruit oil and trace of belzakonium Chloride. After that has dried I apply Witch Hazel on a make up pad and wipe gently across both eyes, using separate pieces. Then I let this dry. Later on I just apply a bit of Celtaphil Cleanser. Am not sure this does much but feels nice. Within a few days my eyes feel so much better. They still get sore sometimes after a long day but am not thinking about them every second of every day. I'm doing 3 times a day so far but hoping to cut that down. If this helps anyone I'd be delighted. I feel your pain!! It is awful. Still working on my nasal polyps sadly! Good luck!

• Posted

Hi,

Could we have an update please? Has your lashes grown back from Blepharitis?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.