Please help me - I cannot live like this any more. Allergic - non Allergic Rhinitis?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Does this sound like Allergic - non Allergic Rhinitis?

I have been suffering 6 months of pure hell, its driving me suicide - or at the very least, I'm waking up, if I can sleep, sitting on the side of my bed thinking I cannot be bothered with life. 

I have the most horrendous symptoms.

I have the following symptoms:

* A constant "clamping" feeling on my nostrils 24/7

* My nostrils open and close randomly through the night and day, both left and right or both at the same time.  I can literally be sitting at the computer at work, with both closed, get up and talk to someone, they will be open.  Or the left will close up, and right will stay open.  Even with both open there is some kind of inflammation. 

* My nose is dry most of the time, when my nose is not dry, I have to clear it of hard mucus – when I do that, it makes my nose throb.  Using sprays and cleaning pumps does not help.

* I have had the WORST dizziness imaginable since this started about 6 months ago – its constant there every day – its there before I open my eyes.  Its there when I’m in the gym. 

I have a private ENT appointment tomorrow, but I'm not hopeful with that, as nothing they can do will help.  I cannot, will not, make things worse, as I'm close to giving up now.

What I cannot stand is that how quickly it changes, I cannot type for more than 10 minutes without my nose closing up AND going extremely dizzy, then I can get up from my computer and speak to someone and it lessens, its still awful, but not as bad.   My nose can go from being dry, to have a slight bit of moisture, but when that happens I have to clear my nose, as I mentioned.  My short term memory, because of brain fog and dizziness has gone.  My life is falling apart, im constantly in a bad mood, arguing with my partner.  Life is hell.

?

This is just awful, horrendous. I cannot live like this.

Had an MRI showing no tumour.  My dizziness is from my nose or my ears, as when I hear a loud noise sometimes it makes me very dizzy.  Sometimes when clearing my nose I get big blood vessels coming out.  It just feels like a huge build up of blood in my nose area.  Even around my eyes I’m getting eye shiners, which looks like a build up of blood.

And from what I have read, there is nothing that can be done about this?  I have a food allergy test on Saturday, but why would I suddenly become allergic to a food type all of a sudden. 

It did go for a few weeks after I did my back in, and when my beloved barns died – but It came back, the minute it came back I realised It, was like a wave that hit me.  So it did go.. 

Any tips, or anything I should ask the ENT? and much love

Spencer

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Spence,

Ears are our balance and if you are suffering Eustachian Tube Dysfunctional as I do, it can make you feel dizzy.  All I can advise, and of course none of us are doctors on here, is get your doctor to put you on a month reducing method of Prednisoone Steroid tablets, also a course of antibiotics.  I've just finished a course.  My left ear has been blocked for years on and off, more on than off, today it's terrible.  I used Flixonase Nasules this moring, but if I wake up in the morning with this awful clogged feeling I'll be taking the months course of the steriods that my ENT consultant prescribed last week.  The only thing that prevents me from taking them is they stop me from sleeping (a common side effect) but like you it drags me down big time.  I suffer Sinusitis, polyps, congestion and asthma (which is completely fine at the moment)  I use daily Nasal Rinses to try and clear excess mucus and wash out any pollen, but nothing seems to work.  The course of Prednisolone I've been told to take is: 8 tablets once a day for 5 days (always take after a meal first thing in the mornings) Then take 6 tabets once a day for 5 days, then 4 tablets once a day for 5 days then 2 tablets for 5 days.  100 tablets = 20 days.  They will sort your problem, like they do mine.  Some doctors won't prescribe them, but tell him you're at the end of your tether and can't cope with it any longer.  I've been having to take these tablets somtimes yearly, or every other year, depending how bad it it.  Because I blow through my nose pinching it I perforate my eardrum, the mucus doesn't drain as it's such a tiny hole, I then see my consultant and he suctions all the mucus out.  Sometimes he tells me it's like chewing gum.....imagine that sitting behind the eardrum with no drainage due to the damn tubes not wroking properly.  Can end up with a nasty bacterial infection that happened to me in 1994, causing me to contract bacterial meningitis and losing the sight in my left eye and hearing down in my left ear.  I always have a pack of antobiotics by me just in case the ear starts to ache.  Makes me feel a bit paranoid after what I went through

All the best and let's know how you get on.

Anne

• Posted

Hi.Do you test Evening primrose oil ?

You can read raymond post in sinusit forums.

By this method i am 90% percent better.

Just some time needtake oe tablet citrizine .

I suffer from same problem for 4 years.

I always was dizziness.I dont know what saying people.

Steroid spray make more anexity and depressation.I stopped use it.

I tried all medcine.all antihistamine , nasal spray , drops , herbal.nothing work well.

Now i keep on allergy shot too.

• Posted

After reading that someone advised Oil of Primrose, just as soon as I've finished the course of steroid tablets, 20 days time, I will certainly give them a go....nothing to lose to try anything.

Anne

• Posted

Hi. I find keeping warm in scarves and cardigans and jackets help me tremendously. I move air con vents away from my nose. Keep away from alcohol and sweets and fried food and asprin. Ask friends and workmates to pls not wear perfume or sprays only rollon deodorant around you. Push for a fragrance free workplace nicely as 1 in 3 people are like us to some degree. Im looking for a heated bed mask for sinuses. Always wear socks and warmishclothing to bed as we suffer in chills. Get desensitising injections with an allergist. Health stores have a saline spray which relaxes. Try to be a fitness person as weight on yr body stresses it and fitness repairs. I might try the vidian neurectomy operation soon. Look it up online. Main thing....warmth helps...you will be the freak in jackets and socks.....but.....it helps us. Hang in there and constantly check online for updates and new remedies. Push your allergists. Dont stay with GPs only..you also need allergists. I massage my sinuses myself. Cotton wool pieces my ears to keep them warmer helps dizziness and scarves on neck hair over my ears or beenies in air con helps dizziness and concentration. Warmth willchange your life too. Im 55 and suffered for 40 years on off.

You are NOT alone xo

• Posted

You probably don't want to hear this,  there's not a miracle pill.   We all have to quit treating the symptom and get to THE root.   The root is more than likely  your food.   You probably need your colon cleaned out then eat a raw plant based diet.   You will feel better than ever.   It WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE.   THIS IS A SYMPTOM THAT U HAVE SOMETHING BAD WRONG INTERNALLY .  your lymph system is backed up.   Look it up .. youtube. John Rose is a research scientist and wellness consultant.   He has studied the human body inside and out.   I hope this can help you.   I know how you feel!! It's terrible

• Posted

Sorry, I beg to differ.  Cleansing Colons isn't a good idea as you will get rid of all the good bacteria from the gut, which of course is the immune system too.

All these You Tube videos are usually about selling a product.  I don't think everyone on this Forum is suffering from ETD is eating badly, I for one don't.....so back to the drawing board !!

I quite agree though that it's no good treating the symptoms, the cause must be found and treated.  But until the medical profession can find a cure we need relief from ETD.....please see my posts and the mediaction currently helping me for the past 5 months.

Anne

• Posted

Sorry you are suffering so much. I had a constant runny nose, sneezing, itchy and blocked feeling in ears, itchy throat, vertigo and constantly a blocked nose. All of this badly affected my sense of smell and taste. It was an absolute nightmare and I tried just about everything. I do not suffer badly from allergies and any tests came back as normal. I had a scope inserted up through my nostril into my throat to check for anything else possibly going on. One of my nostrils was so badly inflamed n sore that they couldn't have a look. Well...I've been mostly runny nose and sneeze free for months now and I can only put it down to changing my toothpaste to a Sensodyne one. I know it sounds crazy but it worked. I find that my throat is very sensitive to normal toothpaste and the constant irritation event affected the back of my throat, my nose and my ears. My life was becoming hellish due to the constant irritation. I thought I'd let you know of my experience and can only hope that this could maybe help someone out there. I know it sounds so simple, or crazy, but what's to lose! If anything, I'm guessing the Sensodyne contains something that eases pain and irritation anyway so worth a try for a while to see if it works for you.

• Posted

Hello Spencer,   Well, being a fellow sufferer from Eustachian Tube Dysfunction for years and years, I'm so happy to read that you may have crack what was causing yours.  So you did n fact have an allergy to toothpaste.

I hope it continues, but if for any reason it all comes back do let us know.

Anne

• Posted

have you tried Flonase and pseudoephedrine?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.