Please help me with my scalp spots of nearly 9 years!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello friend, 

I hope you all are well.

I am new to this forum.

I have this scalp problem for the last 9 years. I get this spots on my scalp on and off, and I do not know why.

I have been to the GP many times with regards to it, and different doctors too, and the most I get for it is antibiotics and shampoo. I once also was treated with anti-fungal medications. 

These spots are painful to touch, and even with different positioning of my head, will these spots hurt... I believe due to the increased blood flow to the scalp.

I was once referred to a dermatologist, and when I had an appointment, my spots were not there, so nothing was done, and I never saw her again after that. 

If you have any advice or know what my problem is, then please help. 

Thank you all! smile

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Try a shampoo called Selsun it is the best shampoo for scalp problems Sophia. You get it from the pharmacist
  • Posted

I would make another appointment with the dermatologist and if you don't have any of those bumps at the time show them the pictures that you posted here

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.