Please help , possible ms? Numb right arm. Is it permanent? Soo nervous 😒😒

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi I am really worried about MS, I have had numb toes and legs about a month or so ago and was prescribed neurontin which helped , but now my upper right arm is completely numb , I went to the Dr. Yesterday she says maybe a pinched nerve but I haven't had any trauma . I have a ct scan scheduled as well. Is my numb arm permanent?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I'd be hesitant to jump to any conclusions based solely on numbness, though I don't blame you for being concerned! I had numbness that started in my arms and ended up migrating to the bottom of my feet. However I've also had some tingling in my shoulder as well as twitching (especially in my left pinky toe.) I'm a 26 year old female and have never had anything "wrong" so I've been very anxious about this. I can see why you would worry since those symptoms are strange and new to you! Did your doctor check for any vitamin deficiencies or do any kind of tests? Or will the CT scan be the first diagnostic measure?
    • Posted

Thank you soo much for your reply , I have twitching too in my hand and my leg twitches like when your asleep and you think you are falling, but I'm awake Lol, she is doing my blood work tomorrow . I also have a swollen lymph node on my neck that's been here for about a month.
    • Posted

The numbness in my arms has subsided and I really only notice the numbness on the bottom of my feet when I first wake up. However, the tingling in my shoulder and feet is still there, as well as the muscle spasms in my left foot. It's been happening for over a month now. Very annoying! I hope to get an MRI very soon.
    • Posted

I'm at the hospital now , I couldn't wait, I got to creeped out Lol my arm keeps twitching .
    • Posted

I hope you get some closure of some sort! Hang in there and keep us posted!
  • Posted

I have numbness in my arm that goes up my neck and my head but didn't show up in my MRI.
  • Posted

With relapsing-remitting MS, numbness can come and go.  So many doctors just speculate.  Get an MRI to make sure.
  • Posted

Consider getting your B12 and vitamin D levels tested.

B12 should be in the upper half of the normal range, be sure to get the number. Doctors may say your B12 is normal if it is below 500 pg/nL but the range between 200 and 500 is the gray area where neurological symptoms are known to occur. Numb/tingling hands and feet, enlarged tongue, hair loss, fatigue are some of the symptoms of deficiency.

• Posted

Statistically, it's unlikely to be MS, you don't, necessarily, have to experience a trauma to have a pinched nerve, you can end up with one simply by picking up a bag of groceries, or turning over in bed, pretty much any movement might result in one. A pinched nerve will heal, so you should have complete feeling soon. I f neurological symptoms persist, I'd recommend keeping a record of your symptoms, including any dates (beginning AND end of symptoms). any concerns or questions, etc. But, again, it's probably something quite innocent.
  • Posted

Hi Cassie,

I'm sorry to hear how you are feeling.  I'm sure you will get to the bottom of what is causing your symptoms very soon.  I too am having numbness, tingling, twitching, and, I am also having cold pain my legs.  My new neuro has prescribed me neurontin, which I am leery to take since I have never taken prescription medication in my life. 

You stated this medication has helped you.  May I ask what dosage you found helpful?  My neuro wants me to start at 300mg at night the first week and then 600mg the second week and finally 900 mg total by the 3rd week.  I think this is a lot.  Thank you.  Hope you feel better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.