please help quitinepine

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've become quiet an issue to medicate as last year I was on sertraline 150mg and my lovely local hospital gave me metrocloprimide anti sickness which gave me serotonin syndrom i was left in it a week till i stopped my meds as i knew sonething it was only after tge crash of a horrible wd and ended up in a &e. They put 2 and 2 together Since then every time I've tried an ssris I've got serotonin syndrome again within 2 tablets even off just 25mg baby does and ended up getting rushed into hospil with seizures. I suffer with aniexty really badly even 15mg of diazaepam won't stop it when I've lost it and moderate depression. I was put on mirtazapam 15mg but when I've increased over that it's made my aniexty 100× worse it keeps the depression at bay but nothing for the aniexty. My psych decided to try quetiapine 25mg a night and increase to 2 25mg a day but I'm on day 6 and even though the fog has gone and sickness I'm use to mirtazapam so it faded quickly I feel worse. My aniexty is bad I feel agitated very much like what I did when mirtazapam was increased. I'm scared it going to send me into another server episode of my aniexty where I'll have to hand my kids over to there dad coz I can't cope my kids are off 2moz and I don't think I can cope with them at home when it's making me feel like this. Do I just not take it tonight and test how I am 2moz as it's quickly out your system thanks..

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lauren56321

Thanks for the information, Erin

I didn't know that Metrocloprimide caused serotonin syndrome! As I've been using this medicine for nausea brought on by severe anxiety attacks I've been experiencing since early January this year; have had anxiety before but not this severe😱🤒

• Posted

It can not everyone will get it off it. Some have no problem serotonin syndrome is rare but a possible effect of meds combined serotonin syndrome is fatal if left to long in it. I was very very ill of it couldn't stop being sick diarrhoea aniexty through the roof fits and constant shaking x
    • Posted

Also I might add tachycardia with extreme temperate changes x
  • Posted

I have used quitiapine and it worked for me. I would try a higher dose 100 - 150 mg for a week or two and see what happens.

Ask your Doctor what he thinks.

What is the cause of your Anxiety?

Are you on any other medication?

• Posted

There is no cause it's just constant really. But a big trigger is feeling trapped pressure of being a single mum ect. 15mg mirtazapam and 25mg antenlol the thing is I don't respond well to noradrenaline being activated that's why mirtazapam at any higher dose then 15mg sets me off badly quitinepine activities noradrenaline greatly when I've just looked it up probably why I'm so bad of it x
    • Posted

Hi ian69956

I'm noticed that lately when I get on a train or even a short escalator I experience a severe anxiety attack;

I'm on Seroquel XR 200mg at night + 100mg in morning = 300mg & Mirtazapine 45mg at night

• Posted

What's your social life like Lauren?  Are  you getting out and about with friends. Do you work?  The reason I ask, obviously feeling isolated and not having a job will make you feel depressed.  

The Mirtzapam is unlikely doing much for your depression. I would stop taking it.  And just stick with the quitiapine which is good for Anxiety, as I said try uping the dose and see how you go on it, It won't hurt you.  

I had Major Clinical depression and I tried different Antidepressants and they did nothing for me.  I have mild depression now and I find the best thing for it is keeping my self busy, arranging things to look forward to: i.e meeting's and outing's with friends and also regular excercise. I take no medication.

Have you heard of Meetup com ?  There are social groups you can join to meet new people or you can even start one up yourself on there.  Meetup has been a great help to me. 

• Posted

What have these drugs been prescribed for Jane?   Have you had a bad experience with trains or escalators in the past or is it Social Anxiety -fear of being around peope or social situations perhaps?
    • Posted

I'm depressed cause I'm anixous only. I have a great social life tbh there isn't a day I'm not seeing friends or on my own I don't work as my sons disabled I'm like this cause a year ago I split from my lids dad and suddenly everything was on Me. Plus because of my reaction I was alone with the kids and it was terrifying them seeing me like that. I go gym 3 tines week also. I had a fit in front of them alone. In all honestly last time they messed with noradrenaline I was almost sectioned believe me it's no good for me x
    • Posted

Hi ian69956

I have BPD, PTSD, depression and anxiety. Mirtazapine is the anti depressant & Seroquel XR is the mood stabiliser.

When I became ill whilst in the city on 2 January this year; I was on the down escalator at Martin Place & felt like I was going to pass out & fall all the way to bottom, no one was in front of me at the time. Now I have trouble travelling down every escalator I come across.

• Posted

Made a decision with my mums help I'm going to take 25mg tonight if I'm bad 2moz she's going to help with kids ect. Plus I have diazepam to take. Then If I'm worse or no better stop it will have been a week and should of seen an improvement my psych agreed I went dentist today and my heart was racing in the chair and no dentists do not trigger attacks for me ive been having extensive work since 3 and fine normally. Anyone if after taking 25mg for a week I'll have to reduce slowly or can I just stop without any wd my psych never mentioned thanks x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.