Please i need help please please

Posted , 4 users are following.

I received a lumbar puncture more than a year ago. The next day I had a headache that could not be translated in words.

Doctors said I need time to heal and they discharged me home.

After months of calling for help and doctor visits, they ruled that the headache cannot be due to the procedure because its too long. I followed the doctors instructions but it hasnt gotten any better.

I am in a sleeping position 90% of the day and start to develop serious hypertension.

I received an MRI scan and the docs could not find any csf leaks so no bloodpatch has been administered.

I am depressed and considering ending my life if this problem does not resolve. I am unable to find treatment..

extreme diziness

low pressure

cant focus

migraine type headache

sensetivity to light and sound

and nothing gets better.

i need help.. im really out of options here.. due to not able to work im loosing my home and will find myself homeless.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

What was the LP for? Do you have any other symptoms?

• Posted

I WAS LIKE THAT FOR A WHILE AFTER HAVING LP AND I WAS TAKING PAIN RELIEF, MY GP PUT ME ON MIGRAINE TABLETS AND THE HEADACHES WENT. THE DOCTOR PUT IT DOWN TO ANALGESIC HEADACHES MEANING IT WAS ACTUALLY THE PAIN RELIEF I WAS TAKING THAT WAS MAKING THE HEADACHES WORSE. WITH IN A WEEK OF TAKING THE MIGRAINE MEDICATION I FELT MUCH BETTER.

• Posted

try raising your self with pillows from the flat position - very tiny amounts ( one or two degrees only every ten minutes) until you are in an upright position.

your body needs to adjust to vertical by very tiny amounts at a time -

if the headache returns - go back to the previous position for a while - until your body gets used to the gradual attempts to sit up -

have you tried strong coffee and take rehydration salts .

do the gradual raising of your position to vertical - as many times in a day as you can -

eventually - your body will adjust to virtical without a headache -,

hope this helps

• Posted

coffee. lots of it. helps maybe 10%

salts dno what that its.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.