Please I need opinions so badly!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I'm a female in her 30s. Don't smoke or drink. I do have GERD for the last 9 years and have been on omeprazole for it. For the last month and a half I have had this feeling of something in my throat. No swallowing difficulty as of yet. My throat is sore and my ear hurts. Also this lump feeling moves around, doesn't stay to one side. I went to an ENT and he scoped down to my vocal chords and said everything looked great. I have to wait another month to see a Gastroenterologist and I'm scared out of my mind that this could be cancer. Please could anyone give me their opinions?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gidget, I'm sorry to hear you've been worrying about this. I was in your position a month or so again. First of all the likelyhood of it being cancer at your age is extremely unlikely. I understand it doesn't help the way you feel but it's so true. Secondly, if you have had a scope that was clear it is definitely not cancer as a scope would of confirmed if it was! I had a scope with similar symptoms to you and it turned out to be a hiatus hernia. I know it's easy to be scared but try and not get yourself in a state. Also note the doctors wouldn't make you wait a month if they suspected anything sinister! Keep your chin up and let me know how you get on lovely 😊 xx

• Posted

Thank you for replying. The scope only went to my vocal chords, not down my esophagus. It's just concerning because of this feeling in my throat. I'm scared

• Posted

Right I see what you mean now. The lump I felt in my throat used to move around and my throat and ears used to hurt aswell. Mainly in the morning, I'm more than sure you have something similar! I know it doesn't help when your that scared, I've been there! Out of interest you mention you have GERD? Symptoms from that mimic the concern you have which can heigthen sypmtoms and actuallly make you worse. Aniexty can cause the secreation of acid making the potential problem a nightmare. Hang in there, if they thought for a second it was cancer they would have you in within 2 weeks. Difficulty swallowing is one of the main symptoms which you said you don't have. That is a good sign. Please don't google or use the internet, take it from me it won't help.

• Posted

What were you diagnosed with? I just want some answers. Im praying its not cancer. I can't get the thought out of my head.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.