Please someone answer

Posted , 3 users are following.

for a couple months I have been worried I have colon cancer. i am a 17 almost 18 year old biological female and have no family history of colon cancer but my mom and dad have ibs. my symptoms include abdominal cramping, left side tenderness, a hard long tender lump in my lower left abdomen that gets harder when i havent gone poop in a while, sometimes blood on toilet paper from the inside, recently only one time a very thin stool, constant tiredness, nausea. i have a very bad diet but drink a lot of water. i am very inactive and am in bed all day. my weight is slightly underweight but ive always been that way. i have had a stool sample done and they said everything looked fine and i had my blood tested and they said it looked fine. i am still very scared i have colon cancer. i really want a colonoscopy but the doctors said i am too young and my mother refuses to take me back to the doctor because of how much i have gone and been fine with other problems. i am very scared i could have colon cancer and not find out. can someone please help.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

I think its always a good idea to address the other underlying issues first. If you are in bed all day and have a poor diet, thats the more likely culprit than cancer. A hard lump on your side like that is a symptom of fecal impaction, which can be serious in its own right, so I would suggest you see a doctor. Tell your mother its for fecal impaction and not the cancer scare. The blood on the TP is concerning, but it sounds like you dont have bowel movements very often? Are they hard? If so, you may just be causing the blood when you strain. If you absolutely cant see a doctor, stay calm and see what happens when you make the lifestyle changes first. Not to pry, but it sounds like you may be dealing with depression. I can relate, but really try to put your health first. My completely amateur opinion is you are dealing with fecal impaction, which doesnt always require a doctor's visit, but may under certain circumstances.

Be a friend to yourself, and take care.

• Posted

It's not bowel cancer. Sounds like it's all down to your bad diet. Eat fruit, veg, all bran, whole meal bread and lots of water. Time to get on with your life

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.