PLS HELP…Nothing Works

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all,

I'm a 25 year old male and I have suffered from acne off and on since I was 16.

When I was 17, my GP prescribed Oxytetracycline for my acne which cleared my acne completley within a fortnight.

When my GP stopped my course of oxytetracycline, my acne returned, with a vengance, within a matter of days.

For the last 5 years, my acne was fairly managable, if things flared up bad, my GP would prescribe topical ointments such as benzol peroxide etc and oral antibiotics (for measured time periods).

Within the last 12 months, my acne has been the worst it has ever been. I have tried so many topical treatments with benzol peroxide, salylic acid, azaelic acid accompanied by 12 weeks on oxytetracycline, which didn't do anything for me, 12 weeks on lymecycline, again no results and 12 weeks on doxycycline, no results. I have tried all of these treatments listed for 3 months at a time and my acne has only worsened.

I eat right, I drink plenty water, I wash my face daily with a gentle face wash, I shave correctly, I keep my pillowcases fresh and clean, I have tried everything but my acne just won't budge.

I have an appointment with a dermatologist next week, it won't be cheap but I am so desperate for this to get better. Can anyone offer me any advice on helping acne? I feel I'm at a loss.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I had a similar situation. You need to see a good dermatologist. For severe and prolonged rashes, retinoid capsules are usually prescribed. But on their own they can not be drunk categorically. The dermatologist must calculate the correct dose. It really helps just about everyone. helped me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.