plz read it's a long story but I need help :( lyrica,diazepam,and pure cocaine everyday excessivly

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I'm 24 years old, I have been a drug addict my whole life, my head is gone Iv been trying to get rehab but it is not happening for me at all... It all started when I was around 7, I smoked cannabis a lot im now off it I come from a wealthy boxing family so I uset to steal tickets and money to buy it no1 ever noticed so I kept stealing to feed my habit, my mum didn't no anything about drugs so she never new until police got me, I took my first line of Coke around 9 (street level mixed crap) had no interest in it at that time, then I started taking extacy at 11my parents would off been more aware by my eyes etc, so I always stayed at my friends his mum never came in his room so was easier to hide without being caught, I went off those when I was 16 still using cannabiss throughout the whole time (turned into the the herbal kind always had the best off weed) I started using cocaine again but was still street level the weed messed my head up in the beginning I got to a point were I didn't want to do anything with my kids, I was too paranoid to leave the house sometimes etc. Iv quite a long criminal record mostly for small bits cannabiss all Possesion and some class a also Possesion numerous driving offences and some charges witch I think I'll go to jail for if I am convicted THATS MAIN REASON I can't do jail like this(on bail at the moment) think iv near 40 convictions I would say up to 28 would be juvenile.... I got sentenced for a small bag off weed and handed a suspended sentence so if I was caught again was jail so silly me started buying people's scripts off them off diazepam 1,2 or 3 5mg would have got me chilled and relaxed and had my self of steam back because it was really low back then when using weed.... Next thing is the Coke started getting better I was on it every week 3ozs between 4 friends (only on weekends) and still cut stuff but was stronger around this time this was up until around 18 months ago... I took my first line off pure Coke really dear 100£ a gram stuff I'd say 4-5 years ago I hated it because I was still a stoner at the time it made me anxious antidocial not wanting talk people.... But as my tolerance got higher I youst to buy a gram for when the other stuff didn't hit me... I was able to sniff away no paranoia anxiety because I was mixing 10mg diazepam with them these were all off black market 28 at a time a full box.... Then the problems start I was held hostage in my house for 8 rs, that's wen I took my first lyrica 400mg I think I was then stabbed 6 times in my back then got nocked down I was having problems not seeing my kids and was really dwn I started friendship with a guy that always could get pure Iv been on it everyday since December soon as I wake up until I go to bed the 900mg lyrica won't help anxiety anymore so I'm drinking vodka to give them a boost I was never addicted to lyrica you see I was only taking them because I have two whole n my nose it's a pain undescribable best way to describe be like a hot poker up it but 900mg lyrica and few vodkas seem to take it away and help me sleep aswell even thow I no it's a very very dangerous cocktail off drugs.... I tried go off my lyrica other day was really sick constant Doris I think started my second day off them I read up all side effects off withdrawell and I'm really stuck don't no what to do should I go back on my diazepam ? I used cocodomal for the pain the couple days I was off them hate them because there a opiout and they didn't even help the pain I've been on lyrica since last August.... I'm scared off the withdrawell because it's hard enough coming off cocaine I be up all night with insomnia sleep for half r think it's all night, the longest Iv tried to stay off it is 3 days I just can't but I need advice about these lyrica first because I no if I get off these the Coke makes me more anxious and will give me more motivation to stop thanks for my chance to tell my drug life story but I want to be free now I hope some one can give me advice

Thanks a lot plz someone reply

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I am really sorry to read your sad story. It seems there has been a lifetime of neglect

but it does not really help to say that now.

You sound as though you are intelligent and really want to do something to get better. I can not advice really. i am not your medical advicer or a medical person at all. I do not know the help there is out there for people such as youself. But there must be places where you can go to get help.

I am sorry  i canot be of help but i do wish you well. if i hear of any people or places you can go for help i will let you know

• Posted

Your story has saddened me as it probably will to any that read it and I wonder whether you have ever sat with your family and told them the extent of your problems and addictions. It is only a thought as they may be able to get you the help you need privately. That said, The Salvation Army are very educated in drug addictions and are able to put you forward for the help you need whilst supporting you day to day in a completely non-judgemental and practical way. They certainly helped the son of a family I know personally - the parents had reached breaking point after years of trying to help and then a member of the Salvation Army put them in touch with an outreach programme they were involved in and 5 hard years later their son is clean.

Your history is hard to read especially when you  started on drugs at such a young age and you really need professional help to start a new clean life. The Pregabalin is just part of a much wider problem and I cannot offer any advice on this. I very much hope that you can get the help you need to give you a promising happy future.

• Posted

Hi Brianjoseph...please don't attempt to do anything alone. you may need the help and support of a team in a rehab unit. If you can afford it get in touch with a private rehab

Clinic in order that you get the help you need. Focus 21 in bury St Edmund's has an excellent reputation working with people with drug issues. You have been very brave to acknowledge your drug problem and I hope with all my heart that you get the help you need. Be very careful with your use of diazapam....you will know yrself they if you are buying it off the street that you have no real idea of what you are putting in your body. If you can't afford private treatment get in touch with your GP and get a referral to a rehab unit in yr local authority area. I sincerely hope you get the help you need. Take care

• Posted

Hiya man, my name is Sean. Hope things are better now, christ it sounds like you were going through a nightmare. You need a rehab centre especially for 1 of your meds/drugs.

This is a long message but if it saves some1 from going through hell then it's worth wrighting. OKAY then let's go:

If you genuinally want to come off everything then my advise from someone who uses and has used every drug you are talking about, that's why i'm replying to your post as i use and have used every drug list you are on about but i was using oxycontin aswell, i'm not a medical professional but in my opinion the best advise is from other users, not the doctors, users always have the best knowledge in my opinion.

Now for the withdrawals, all of them except 1 can kill you, all the rest are easy because the withdrawals will last a week maybe 3 weeks max, it's only WEEKS man !!! Now for the bad news, the 1 drug you think isn't the harshest to stop is BENZODIAZEPINES !!

These are by far the worst to withdrawal from. Just taper down on everything else to a minimum over 3 or 4 weeks, then stop them, stop the cocaine first as the lyrica will help the coke withdrawal, then stop the lyrica, don't do it all at once, remember they can't and won't kill you, it will just be a bad few weeks, i didn't even taper down and came off them my self and i was using oxycontin aswell in the mix and came off them all cold turkey on high amounts. I thought they were bad withdrawals at the time, but trust me, they are all like coming off water compared to BENZODIAZEPINES

The withdrawals from this substance is a total nightmare and the only 1 or 2 that can acktually kill you on a withdrawal all the others can't and won't kill you, you will just have a few bad weeks, theres 2 that can kill you, BENZOS and ALCOHOL because you can have major seizures coming off them and with your usage you are very likely to have PAWS from benzos,  Post-acute-withdrawal syndrome like me. And this is the problem you have on your hands as this can last a minimum of between 6 months to 2 years !! NOT KIDDING

My story is this, i came off everything cold turkey at high amounts, was a bad few weeks, but just weeks.

I knew and looked up on the net coming off benzo's is ment to be bad ect and you need to taper off them and NEVER do them cold turkey.

So i stupidly lied to the doctors that i was on 5mg per day of diazapam and need medical attention as i will have seizures because i tried twice to come off cold turkey in my home and had something called a grand mal seizure and a normal seizure.

I was on 150mg per day of diazepam, but the problem was if i said that to the doctors and the rehab place then they would of needed to taper me down over 1 and a half years, so thought i could handle it cold turkey off 150mg per day as i handled all the rest of the drugs, i thought the internet was over playing the withdrawals of how bad it is and never do it cold turkey.

DUMB ASS me thought i could handle it, tough guy n all that, what i then and am going through is a total nightmare.

The diazepam came out my system in rehab after 28days, they put me on high doses of beta blockers for the seizures 400mg per day of propranolol, then the withdrawals started !! The doctors pulled me in and asked why i was getting so ill and looked so ill, it's not normal, they thought i had taken something in there and that was the reason, so i just came clean and admitted i was on 150mg per day not 5mg, they said straight away i need to go back on diazepam and taper down because you will not be able to handle a cold turkey off 150mg, i refused as i just spent the last 4 weeks in a horrible rehab centre and have finally got it out my sytem, so i refued to take any for 9 months.

The withdrawals i had was all of these but at a very extreme level as i did it cold turkey, it's really bad even if you do it properly and tapered down, withdrawal symptoms is:

Return of the original anxiety (recurrence).

Worsening of the original anxiety symptoms (rebound).

Emergence of apprehension.

Insomnia.

Ringing in the ears (tinnitus).

Nausea.

Irritability.

Blurred vision.

Elevated blood pressure.

Increased heart beat (tachycardia).

Muscle tension.

Agitation and severe restlessness.

Muscle and joint pain.

Hallucinations

Severe sweating, need to change my clothes 3 or 4 times per day because im soaked with sweat.

It is the worst experience of my life, i eventually went back on diazepam prescribed by the doctors of 60mg per day after 9 months because i knew this was something i am not simply capable of dealing with and handling, just wanted it to end but even going back on them has made no differance what so ever, my GABA reseptors are now that screwed it's going to take ages for them to repare them selves so i'm now traped in a benzo withdrawal that i can't get out of, i have went in to hospital so many times with heart failure, CNS shutting down, sky high blood pressure, servere insomnia, i went 22 days in a row without sleep, i was in another hospital to get me to sleep but nothing they were giving me made any differance, they were genuinely shocked that there strong high dose sleepers made no differance, i was just constantly awake in there ward, eventually they gave me something called midazelam under strick medical supervion, it's a medication the give to people on death row to put them to sleep. That's how they get me to sleep, i have to go in there every time i have insomnina over 12 days, after 12 days they get me in and give me that stuff, unbelievable.

I'm still in the nightmare now, the anxiety is so so servere that i tried to end my self  just 2 weeks ago as i just want to rest and be at peace now, i never get a break, my mind is working it's self over and over and it won't stop.

So basically what i'm saying is don't worry about the other drugs or meds, there nothing litterally nothing compared to BENZODIAZAPINES !!!

My advise is NEVER EVER do a cold turkey of this stuff as it will ruin your life. I'm still in it now after 1 YEAR and 4 MONTHS i havn't slept again for 9 days in a row. Please don't do this to your self it is way to strong, it's the worst medication to come off out of everything out there.

Peace out.

• Posted

Hello.

Firstly well done on telling your story

Its a massive step in the right direction.

My personal experiences may serve to make you more comfortable with what i say but lets not bother have faith i completly understand were your at.

Advice is all well an good but if your head is fryed and reality is distorted then it will unless very simple advice get lost in the etha.Fairy steps one problem at a time dont think big picture think 5 minutes at a time and achieve very small succsess within that time.Be it abstaining from next hit to planning your next positive move.Detox plus rehab a must .But you still have to be willing so make yourselve willing minute by minute.Each call you make to whatever service has to convince them your worthy of their time .Behind a very high percentage of people with this level of addiction theres a mental health problem that needs urgent address.They go hand in hand but as ive found in the past one department sends you to the other as both services are stretched .But it sounds like youve tryed to escape your mind for long enough so time to change tack. Hope all this dosnt sound to condescending am not naive enough to think its all this simple its massive thing to overcome but it is doable with help You take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.