pmr

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello all,

Iwould like to send a private message to a person on this forum, can anyone help me find the private send button. I found it quite easy 2 weeks ago, but it has disappeared now. .....

many thanks, Track

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

You just click on the word message under their name

type your message then click on send.

Phoebe

• Posted

I've tried it too.Nothing works.Total waste of time,not to mention frustration

• Posted

Works for me - are you logged in? I've had to log in every time the last few days, irritating but it happens every so often.

• Posted

I've been a member for a fairly long time & have given up trying to contact the promoters of this site.

• Posted

Hi track/michael11955,

The Private Messaging service is working fine, I have just checked it. As phoebewhite said if you find the user you want to send a PM to just click on the "Message" link under their name or you can click on their name to go to their profile page which also has a button to do the same. If the link does not appear under a user's name this is because they have either deactivated Private Messaging or the account has been deactivated. NB the link will not appear under your own name but will be visible to other users as long as you have PMs switched on in your settings.

If you want to check it is working feel free to send me a PM by clicking the link under my username here.

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

Thank you Alan, with the help of others on Forum, found the correct button.

Track

• Posted

Thank you for your response.I still don't understand why there are two lines that appear running through my name on this site that makes it impossible to view the message

• Posted

Strange things are happening Michael, sorry cannot help you with your problem.

Track

• Posted

Thanks for those who sent replies.IT STILL DOESN'T WORK

• Posted

Then reply to EMIS Moderator above and tell him your device and the problem. He may be able to identify what it is.

• Posted

I use 2 different HPs, one with W10 and one a Chromebook. I don't have problems with either,

• Posted

Michael,

As per our PM conversation this shows that Private Messaging is working. With regard to your display issue I cannot say why you are getting this given the details you have provided. No-one else has sent feedback re this and I cannot reproduce in any set up. If you were able to upload images of the issue or send to me via PM I can ask the developers if there is anything our end that can be looked into.

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

No need to be rude. Merely showing that the same set-up works for others.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.