PMR relapse.

Posted , 3 users are following.

My PMR was quiet for several years and reappeared shortly after my second Moderna vaccine. Is this related? Also, am a little reluctant to get the booster. I am a 75 year old male, very active, and otherwise in good health. Any advise?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

A booster may or may not be necessary, or maybe not for a few more months when they have got a newer version of the vaccine to better target variants. Who knows if there is a connection between vaccine and PMR re-emergence? Given that we have all been living under greater stress for many months now I think that even that can cause chronic illness to flare up. Of course covid can kill us, PMR won't! Lots of discussion of the topic on the more active forum you will find at HealthUnlocked, the PMRGCAuk community. Sorry I can't post a link.

• Posted

I had a short flare after my second Moderna jab - mainly fatigue. But since my husband was also very ill at the time it could have been partly that but I increased my pred to 19mg to be able to cope with those demands. I had a booster shortly after he died - this time with Pfizer - and since then I have been able to reduce the pred dose a lot and very quickly down to 11mg. I also feel different. Did the Pfizer kick my immune system back to more normal?

I'd certainly have the booster - if the jab causes problems, just think what Covid could do, especially since without the booster you have little or no protection against omicron ...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.