PMRGCAuk Surrey Support Group - a meeting not to miss!

Posted , 9 users are following.

The next meeting will take place on Tuesday, 18th October, from 11am to 1pm at Chertsey Hall, Chertsey, Surrey.

Our guest speaker is Dr Rod Hughes, Consultant Rheumatologist at St Peter's Hospital, Chertsey.  Dr Hughes has a special interest in PMR/GCA, and is mentor to the Surrey group.  A very knowledgeable and popular guest speaker - more than 50 people have already registered to attend.

If you are in the area and would like to join us, you can be assured of a very warm welcome from our members.  Partners and carers are also most welcome.  There is a public car park opposite, and tea/coffee/biscuits are available on arrival.

Please email pmrgca.surrey@btinternet.com (Shirley) for further information and to register. 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Gordy and I will be there of course and the biscutis ha ha
    • Posted

Great!  It wouldn't be the same without our sparklin and her sparkles, not to mention Gordy's lovely biscuits.  In fact, I was wondering about bringing some extras as we're expecting so many people.  Shall definitely be bringing along extra milk for the cuppas!

• Posted

If I lived by the are I would attend for sure.I am in US.

I will follow this discussion 👍

• Posted

Where is this happening? What city and state?
    • Posted

I believe it is a small town south west of London, England
    • Posted

Yes, as stella-dk has replied (many thanks Stella!), Chertsey is a small Thames-side town in the county of Surrey situated in the South East of England, and just outside London.  The Surrey Support Group is just one of more than a dozen such groups operating in the UK under the auspices of the Charity, PMRGCAuk, where those with PMR and/or GCA can get together in support of each other, often with guests speakers from the medical profession, including speakers in alternative therapies,.  The North East of England Group that you will often read about on this forum is also a Charity in its own right, as is the large, and the original group, that covers Scotland. It would be wonderful if those of you overseas had something similar running in your countries but meanwhile at least we are all blessed to have wonderful forums such as this, and at least another two that cover the PMR and GCA communities.
  • Posted

Would like to send a message of hope and relief to Mrs

Gobbles. Thank you to help this message traces her.

It has been impossible to do so!

M you thanks .

• Posted

Please read "many thanks"

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.