Pneumonia with lingering laryngitis

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello All,

I am recovering from pneumonia (walking) that began in early December (approx. 12/09/2015), but was not diagnosed/treated until December 29th. I was treated as an outpatient.

I am about to finish my second round of antibiotics and I feel almost 100%. I am even jogging 1K withotut problems, but i still have this lingering laryngitis and a slight cough (very little flem now). My throat isn't sore and I have no pain. My doctor does not seem concerned and said that minor symptoms could linger for several weeks since I was undiagnosed for several weeks.

It is still a bit troublesome. Has anyone else experienced something similar?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I should mention that the laryngitis came on around the 17th of December so it had been over a month now. Seems to be getting better, but is just not going away.
    • Posted

Hi, glad your getting better. I was diagnosed with pneumonia at the end of may and my cough is still lingering. Apparently it's quite normal for it to last for months.
  • Posted

I too am recovering from pneumonia diagnosed mid December ,,,treated at home ,and Copd team visiting daily as needed ,,,3 weeks of antibiotics and one week of steroids ,,,cough and chest is clearing up nicely ,just the pain in my side where the infection was/is ,,,,,the Copd nurse told me it can take months rather than weeks to fully recover from pneumonia,best wishes for a speedy recovery 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.