Poly drugd

Posted , 3 users are following.

HI? CAN ANYBODY HELP? i am tapering off olanzapine, cymbalta, mityazapine and ativam all at the same time due to financial reasons and also i believe they are making my anxiety worse. i am tapering at 10% every two weeks. i am using ing a miiligram scale and doing this on my own without the help of a doctor as my doctor just wants to increase my dose, I woukd love to hear from others who are also tapering ff any of these awful drugs

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

i have been on similar combo. i am off the olanazapine and nearly off the mirt.

you really should not taper together. what doses are you on ?

• Posted

Hi Sarah. Thanks for your reply. How did you taper the olanzapine and mirt? I am on 5mg olanzapine, 60 mg cymbalta, 15 mg mirtazapine and 1 mg ativan. I read somewhere that you can taper all at the same time so just hope i am not being too hasty. i just want off these drugs asap. What others are you on?

• Posted

i really wouldn t. best is each drug seperately with 6 months inbwetween......i may wait a year i have tapered too fast before and will never again.

i waa on 2.5mg of olanzapine taperes over 2 months wirh liquid. waited 6 months rhen statted to taper off 45mg of mirtazapine. that was 20 moths ago i am now on 2.2mg. i have uses liquid mirt. i will then taper 150mg of venlaflaxine over 2 plus years then 10mg of diazepam over 2 plus years.

it will take alot of time but is the safesr way to do it. 10% of the med being taperes overy 4 weeks. if you drop 10% of each med together that is alot for the brain to deal with. i have heard of reducing 2 together dropping 5% each med every 4 weeks so maybe 2.5% of each med eveey 4 weeks . either way it will take ages.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. I do know that i am being hasty but my medical insurance is not paying for any of my drugs hence the reason for me wanting to get off them as quickly but safely as possible. You mention that you tapered too fast before.Can you tell me how fast you went. I hope I am not being foolish and tapering too fast.

• Posted

Perhaps you can try lower dosages of the drugs. Olanzapine doesnt have many side effects that last for long. On weeks of not taking olanzapine things do go back to normal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.