Polycystic liver disease

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey dose anyone know anything about inherited polycystic liver and kidney disease that they can tell me

3 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I would like to know as well I have two small cyst in my liver, one in my right kidney, one near my spleen, too small ganglion cyst on the right palm of my hand and thumb and to on each epididymis near my testicles. My doctors tell me there's nothing to worry about even though I'm symptomatic with the overall term of irritable bowel syndrome
    • Posted

Do u know if u have an inherited Gena have you had ur bloods done and ur lfts and a scan done
  • Posted

What have u had done so far
    • Posted

Yea all blood, 2 ct, 1 mri all with contrast, upper GI with mild gastritis. Iron deficent and on suppliments. Lft is within mormal range before but slightly increased but was on diflucan for poss yeast overgrowth which i heard can raise it. Waiting on new labs drawn last Wednesday and no calls for high values, picking up tomorrow, will let you know. I dont know whats up, does ibs symptoms go along with cysts or am i waiting for a disease process to rear its ugly head as well as the docs because they dont care to spend the money to rule out or diagnose further.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.