Polycystic Ovaries Syndrome and Pregnancy

Posted , 2 users are following.

After not having my period for three months I went to my GP. I have had regular blood pressure and my BP is fine. I was referred for an ultrasound. From 2015, so far I have had the two months if my period. everything the same as before. This week I was diagnosed with mild POS. The cyst in my ovaries are less than 10cm. My GP said it's not severe but pregnancy may be difficult.

Although I am only 20 I would like to conceive in the future. I don't know if I should go on treatment even though I have been receiving my periods so far. I am only in this. Please help.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

No you are not i am 22 and have been diagnosed with the same I have been on metformin for nearly a month and we are hoping we will concive soon I know it is hard to take in it took me a while to deal with it but it gets easyer if u wonna talk just let me know x ella
    • Posted

Hey Ella 

Good to hear (well not really). How are you dealing with this? 

How is your periods too?

At the moment I am reluctant to do any treatment as am worried it my mess up my periods at the moment. 

Also so is it not possible to convince without treatments?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.