Polymyalgia and angina

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello,

like everyone else here I have polymyalgia but have now also have Angina.

just looking to see If anyone else is in the same position and has any tips or guidance on dealing with the combination. Thank you.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I can be of little help but I have recently had real trouble with muscle spasms. An esophagial spasm felt like angina or heart attack and lasted almost two hours. I learned this is a pred side effect...scary and painful. Hope you feel better soon, Ann11195
  • Posted

Hi George, have you had the various cardiac tests to confirm it is indeed angina? Angiina usually comes on on exertion eg. walking upstairs or rushing for a bus and is relieved by slowing down or resting.  It is symptom of not enough blood getting through one of the coronary arteries to the heart muscle and can be treated in a number of ways.. . . Kind regards, J
    • Posted

George, then it depends on a number of factors as to what treatment you could be offered - from using an under-the-tongue spray when you get the pain (which stops it), to small proceedure to insert a stent into the artery (need an angiogram first), to full surgery. . .  Ask your GP about an apt. with a cardiologist to talk it over. Kind regards, J
  • Posted

When I was on the 15mg range Predisone I had chest tightness for 3-4 hours in afternoons!!!! Scared me!!  I found online it could be Pred symptom. Went away when I dropped maybe to 10. So I had it several months.

now I fear I have GERD or acid reflux symptoms, I feel like pill stuck in my throat. 

GP said take Prilosec for 14 days that help for a while.  

I do take my Pred w food. 

I told Rheumy and GP about chest tighness, they didn't seem to care, but I'm 54 year female in pretty good shape so maybe that's why, but I sure cared!!! 

Hope it's just prednisone dosage, but do ask doc.

hope you feel better soon!  I know my afternoons were shot when I felt that way, just watched relaxing TV. Or read. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.